Beasts

One challenge is the desire to have Tevildo appear as a black cat, but *not* look like a black panther.

6cb0a954fe7bbbeae680e54960543dee.jpg

Because...how do you handle coloring if you don't go with 'all black'? And obviously no tiger markings allowed, either. And if there are going to be snow leopard spots...what color would they be?

I've been trying to experiment with some white tufts of fur, mostly inspired by the tigers - especially around the ears and the mane. I imagine even a plain black coat can be very interesting moving into and out of light/shadow; the interest doesn't have to come from patterns or spots or whatever, but those would still help. I kinda wanna put donkey markings on him randomly - a dark stripe down the back and across the shoulders. I'm not sure if there's any way to establish that he's a demon-cat, some sort of feline-shaped creature of shadow.

On the other hand, searching for images under 'tiger pounce' is a lot of fun ;). Lots of pictures of tigers pouncing in snow and water and attacking pumpkins.

I think my next attempt will be playing with this pose. The face is obviously very tiger-like in profile, so if I can alter that, it might not look like a tiger any more. Maybe.....
7233IMG_7884.jpg

Okay, so I tried to modify the facial profile here, and made the 'mane' into long underbelly hair that bleeds into the beard that Haakon suggested. This head might be a little small for this body, though.

Last edited:
One challenge is the desire to have Tevildo appear as a black cat, but *not* look like a black panther.

6cb0a954fe7bbbeae680e54960543dee.jpg

Because...how do you handle coloring if you don't go with 'all black'? And obviously no tiger markings allowed, either. And if there are going to be snow leopard spots...what color would they be?

I've been trying to experiment with some white tufts of fur, mostly inspired by the tigers - especially around the ears and the mane. I imagine even a plain black coat can be very interesting moving into and out of light/shadow; the interest doesn't have to come from patterns or spots or whatever, but those would still help. I kinda wanna put donkey markings on him randomly - a dark stripe down the back and across the shoulders. I'm not sure if there's any way to establish that he's a demon-cat, some sort of feline-shaped creature of shadow.

On the other hand, searching for images under 'tiger pounce' is a lot of fun ;). Lots of pictures of tigers pouncing in snow and water and attacking pumpkins.

I think my next attempt will be playing with this pose. The face is obviously very tiger-like in profile, so if I can alter that, it might not look like a tiger any more. Maybe.....
7233IMG_7884.jpg

Okay, so I tried to modify the facial profile here, and made the 'mane' into long underbelly hair that bleeds into the beard that Haakon suggested. This head might be a little small for this body, though.

View attachment 2621
Maybe not magenta? Or is magenta part of the design?

Eh, I was trying to use purples to cancel out the orange and make it look shadowy. But yeah, I didn't really intend it to come out magenta.Maybe if I cover that up with a bluish grey, it'd be okay.

This is where I circle back to 'I am not an artist and only know how to use MS Paint, not GIMP.'

Back