Beleg Cúthalion

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about Christian Bale and how I wanted to give him a great role in the story. He is such a versatile actor. I was also thinking about Beleg and wondered who could play him and do him justice. Then it struck me, the solution was right in front of me. Bale is Beleg!
upload_2016-6-21_13-54-25.jpeg
images

You are right, we need an awesome actor for Beleg. He has to be extremely likable, and able to play a gruff loner type. I realize that Beren is the Aragorn of the first age, but Beleg is basically the Aragorn of the Elves. (The way Finrod is the Faramir of the Elves.) So...yeah, we need a really great actor for him whom everyone will love whenever he is on screen.

...so we can all be suitably horrified when his bud Turin accidentally kills him.

Exactly, the horror when he is killed is essential.

Bale will be seen as a hero, someone who basically can't die. It's perfect.

Another suggestion would be Gerard Butler. I could definitely see him as Beleg.
images
upload_2016-6-22_10-47-56.jpeg
Here he is with long hair, which Beleg should have.
616e039aa12566108df61a6ec708946a.jpg

I guess Joseph Mawle is another alternative. He's likeable. But the surprise when he's killed wouldn't be so big.
images

Alexander Skarsgård. He gives a good mentor/fatherly/brotherly vibe. Kind eyes, noble stature, attractive enough without being too distracting (Túrin being the real heartbreaker). Yeah, I can see him as the Aragorn of the elves.
alexander-skarsgard-at-the-true-blood-season-4-premiere.jpg

Paul Bettany would be my second pick. I know there have been suggestions for him in other roles but while he's not officially been cast for anything yet I'll just put it on the table. Pretty much for the same reasons as Skarsgård but more emphasis on the mentor/fatherly part, appearance-wise.

MV5BMjA1NTMwODY2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM4MTY0NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,691,1000_AL_.jpg

Paul Bettany would be my second pick. I know there have been suggestions for him in other roles but while he's not officially been cast for anything yet I'll just put it on the table. Pretty much for the same reasons as Skarsgård but more emphasis on the mentor/fatherly part, appearance-wise.

View attachment 518
I like the emphasis on the fatherly, an interesting suggestion. Beleg is supposed to be one of the older elves.

These are all good choices. I'd like to add Ewan McGregor to that list. He's also very likeable and sinks into his roles very well. One of the best things about the Prequels was Obi-Wan. I think he might have been suggested for other roles as well, but have not 'won' any as of yet.
MV5BMTg1MjQ0MDg0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjYyNjI5Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Back