Bilbo

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
James McAvoy.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0564215/
There were once rumours that McAvoy would play Bilbo in Jackson's Hobbit movies. It didn't happen - but let's make it happen now. He's a really good actor, and will be a wonderful prudish Baggins as well as a Tookish adventurer.
images
images
images

EDIT: WAS CHOSEN; OK BY EXECS

Last edited:
Haakon, you threw me off here. I thought I was done casting. But we should have at least two options for every character...

Daniel Radcliffe- IMDB Page

Daniel-Radcliffe-Face-closeup.jpg
upload_2016-3-21_18-15-13.png upload_2016-3-21_18-18-3.png
Woah, woah, woah. Put away your pitchforks and hear me out. "Is this supposed to be funny?!" Well, yes and no- it's funny in the sense that you probably laughed when you saw that I nominated him (the picture I chose probably didn't help.) It's not funny in the sense that the more you think about it, the more the horror sets in that he'd be an excellent Bilbo Baggins. Let's look at the facts.

Daniel Radcliffe:
- stands at only 5'5" making him the prime height for Hobbiturization through movie magic (no pun intended.) He's standing next to Katie Holmes in the picture above, and she is 5'9" (give or take her heels.)
- is 26 years old. That's young for Bilbo coming to Rivendell now, but in 10-odd years when we get to the actual Hobbit narrative, he'll be 35 years old which is close to 50 in Hobbit-years.
- is the bumbling, nervous epitome of Britishness in real life. Go look up an interview with him. He's awkward as all get out. Very Baggins-ish. However...
- can also play the hero. You know what I'm talking about- Part One and Part Two.

Believe me. I'm just as disappointed in how perfect of a Bilbo he would be as you are.

Back