Can I ask about LOTRO?

Frejya Evenstar

Hi there - I am totally new to playing LOTRO and just downloaded the game and created a character. I have no idea how to actually get to Bree. How do I do that?? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

Just to begin with you will need to have finished the Introduction or else you won't be able to get out of your Starter Zone at all. Once that's done it depends a little on which race your character is. If you are a Human then your early work in the game will be right around the corner from Bree near to your Starter Zone in Archet. If you are a Hobbit then you'll start in Archet but then be punted across to the Shire. If you are a Dwarf or Elf then you'll start nowhere near to Bree but way over in the east in Ered Luin.

If you're not close you should still be able to get to Bree easily enough wherever you start, if you can track down the Stablemaster in your Starting Zone. That would be in Michel Delving for a Hobbit, in Celondim for an Elf and in Thorin's Hall (or at least just down the hill) for a Dwarf. All these Stablemasters will offer you a fast ride (i.e. you blink out and reappear rather than riding through all the intervening scenery) which will be called "Swift Travel": it's not free but not expensive either. You want to go to West Bree.

If you're a Human you will be starting in Combe, if I recall correctly, so you can simply run south and take a right into Bree: there's a signpost at the junction. I haven't been back there for a while so it's a bit hazy but someone will be sure to jump in to clarify my directions :)

Once you're there, or even before, it should be possible for someone to meet you and guide you to the proper venue.

If you are in game and feeling lost or frustrating, send me a tell by typing /tell Maevenn in your text box with whatever message you want to send me. I will either get your taken care of or find someone who will make sure you get to the right place.

Just to begin with you will need to have finished the Introduction or else you won't be able to get out of your Starter Zone at all. Once that's done it depends a little on which race your character is. If you are a Human then your early work in the game will be right around the corner from Bree near to your Starter Zone in Archet. If you are a Hobbit then you'll start in Archet but then be punted across to the Shire. If you are a Dwarf or Elf then you'll start nowhere near to Bree but way over in the east in Ered Luin.

If you're not close you should still be able to get to Bree easily enough wherever you start, if you can track down the Stablemaster in your Starting Zone. That would be in Michel Delving for a Hobbit, in Celondim for an Elf and in Thorin's Hall (or at least just down the hill) for a Dwarf. All these Stablemasters will offer you a fast ride (i.e. you blink out and reappear rather than riding through all the intervening scenery) which will be called "Swift Travel": it's not free but not expensive either. You want to go to West Bree.

If you're a Human you will be starting in Combe, if I recall correctly, so you can simply run south and take a right into Bree: there's a signpost at the junction. I haven't been back there for a while so it's a bit hazy but someone will be sure to jump in to clarify my directions :)

Once you're there, or even before, it should be possible for someone to meet you and guide you to the proper venue.
Thank you very much - that helps a lot and I will try my best to make it to the meeting place tonight!

Hello again - I've been trying for hours to get to Bree on LOTRO. I'm totally new at this and just don't understand it. I'm at the north gate of Combe which is barricaded and I can't get around Combe which I know is super close to Bree. How do I get to Bree? Any suggestions?? Thank you.

You are still in the introduction and starter area. You need to complete the quests that take you through the final instance of the starter area...then that barricade will go away. You'll end up at level 5 or s0 by the time you get out of the introduction. Keep on trucking! You'll get there!

Thanks for your help - but I don't have time to learn/stumble through this and don't know if I'll make it to Bree at all today. I will listen to the course through Twitch instead for now and when I have time try and have fun w/ LOTRO.

That sounds like the most sane plan. Once you get out of the intro area, we can get you into the kinship and there will be lots of folks who can help you. And there will be plenty more classes!

Back