Caranthir

Haerangil

I suggest Wesley French:
MV5BMzMzNjM0Njg3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc5MTgzNA@@._V1_SY1000_SX750_AL_.jpg

He's a canadian actor, not very well known. He's done some tv series and was in defiance and skinwalker. I öike his face... I think he's got something feanorian about him.

I think he looks pretty good. I haven't seen him act but I can see him as Caranthir. He's not particularly ruddy, though. (I know, makeup)

What about Aneurin Barnard? Haven't seen him act I'm afraid - at least I don't think so. But I can see him as Caranthir. I know there has been objections to people with faces that's too square? Or maybe I misunderstood/misremember. He can definitiely play bad guy (for example, he played Richard of Glouster) I think he sometimes look almost too nice, but then again I like that in bad guy characters, don't I? :)
images
images
images
1fd5be6b514b6b7434fc6eaffc38ca93--aneurin-barnard-plantagenet.jpg

He can definitiely play bad guy (for example, he played Richard of Glouster) I think he sometimes look almost too nice, but then again I like that in bad guy characters, don't I? :)
I'm not sure Richard can be called a "bad guy" in The White Queen. It has a rather fantastical story that absolves Richard of any guilt for his nephews' deaths. He does fall out of love with his sick wife and sleep with his niece, though... so breaks even?

Oh. Spoiler Alert, I suppose.

What about Aneurin Barnard? Haven't seen him act I'm afraid - at least I don't think so. But I can see him as Caranthir. I know there has been objections to people with faces that's too square? Or maybe I misunderstood/misremember. He can definitiely play bad guy (for example, he played Richard of Glouster) I think he sometimes look almost too nice, but then again I like that in bad guy characters, don't I? :)
images
images
images
1fd5be6b514b6b7434fc6eaffc38ca93--aneurin-barnard-plantagenet.jpg
I remember him from the film Ironclad as Guy the squire, the team's new meat. To me, he looks a little like Frodo Baggins.
81ae21c6126f6196b170966f1370c4aa.jpg

aneurin-barnard.jpg

He looks like Elijah Wood, at least. But I agree, he could play Frodo. If the were to nominate actors to play Frodo this year, I'd definitely nominate him. I think that he would in some ways maybe be better than Wood.

So what about Bill Skarsgård? upload_2017-10-9_8-32-47.jpeg
images
CgWhhF5W8AAhejG.jpg
upload_2017-10-9_8-36-55.jpeg

He is Pennywise in the new version of It, in case anyone has missed that. He'd be great as one of the least likeable of the sons of Fëanor. He's not particularly ruddy, but then again, few actors seem to be ruddy nowadays, maybe we will have to rely on makeup.

Last edited:
So, we didn’t cast Caranthir for Season 3 mainly because the actors nominated weren’t physically built enough for the role.

Maybe Jai Courtney from Spartacus, Divergent, Terminator Genisys and Suicide Squad? He’s got the build, he’s got the attitude. Could use a little work in dramatic roles, though.

1200px-Jai_Courtney_March_18%2C_2014_%28cropped%29.jpg

Jai-Courtney1.jpg

terminator-genisys-movie-image-jai-courtney-jason-clarke.jpg

Would it be possible to get the ruddy skin as well? It isn’t terribly important but maybe a reachable goal.

It would be great if we had some knowledge beforehand about such specific demands.
It appears the candidates were not muscular enough and the Hosts were looking for someone imposing as Caranthir (though that’s going to be hard standing next to an actor like Armie Hammer), built like a rugby player.

Still, these things would have been good to know before we scouted for actors.

What about Jason Momoa?

Back