Cast So Far...

I can see Oscar Isaac as Brandir, or the main outlaw in the band with Turin - or even as Mim! Or as a good guy - how about Elendil or Aldarion?

Yeah, I imagine he'd do very well as a villain (he plays ruthless quite well), but hopefully he'd also make a very good Fingolfin. It's no mistake that he makes audiences care about the villains he plays...there's a vulnerability to those performances, whether it's Loki or Coriolanus. I never saw Crimsom Peak, but I imagine he's...less likable there.
Well, Hiddleston's character in Crimson Peak, Sir Thomas Sharpe, is decidedly complex but generally a likable villain. On the one hand he's a brilliant inventor, on the other he's very naive and damaged at the same time (and that's not going into the relationship with his sister played by Jessica Chastain). In essence, Fëanor has less issues than Sir Thomas... which says something.

Last edited:
Oh, I have zero doubts that Hiddleston could be amazing as Fingolfin. He's an amazing all around actor, I've just felt that him as Sauron is that literal can't-miss type of casting. And yes, probably type-casting.

Plus, I've never heard of or seen the guy who did get cast as Mairon, so I will probably continue to imagine Hiddleston as Mairon :D

Oh, I have zero doubts that Hiddleston could be amazing as Fingolfin. He's an amazing all around actor, I've just felt that him as Sauron is that literal can't-miss type of casting. And yes, probably type-casting.

Plus, I've never heard of or seen the guy who did get cast as Mairon, so I will probably continue to imagine Hiddleston as Mairon :D
Well, Simon Woods was apparently pretty big in Rome, and he was Charles Bingley in the Pride and Prejudice film starring Keira Knightley. I admit that I have a very hard time taking him seriously as Sauron due to the latter role (he's also been out of acting for the better part of 15 years at this point), which includes a scene where Bingley practices proposing to Jane, with Mr. Darcy standing in for Jane.

Last edited:
Yes, Simon Woods does not seem to currently have a very active acting career. Ah well. He seems to have turned playwright; his first stage play debuted in London in 2019, so he is not completely retired.

Here he is as Octavian in HBO's Rome, which I imagine is why he was nominated for the part:

Since we wanted a list...I made a list.

1677629623010.png
1677629683189.png
1677629746844.png
1677629856649.png
1677629921159.png

In answer to the question, 'how many named roles have we cast so far?' the answer is....140. That's 139 different actors, with some roles being the same character played by two different people (Young Idril/ Adult Idril, Young Estel/ Teen Estel, Young Andreth/ Older Andreth, Olorin/ Gandalf...)

Please let me know if you find any errors on this list! It is meant to be arranged alphabetically by actor's last name.

Last edited:
Results for Silmarillion Film Project Season 6:

Elves:

Inglor: Ed Speleers

Edrahil: Dan Roe

Enedrion: Adam Long

House of Bëor

Baragund: Tim Rozon

Belegund: Matt Long

Gorlim the Unhappy: Rhys Matthew Bond

Eilinel: Olivia Rodrigo

Beren: David Alvarez (Vetoed Lorenzo Richelmy)

Other Characters:

Zirak: Wyatt Russell

Gorgul: Bill Burr

Huan (Voice): Alan Sisto

Thank you so much for taking notes and tabulating that, Steve!

Names have now been added to the Casting Master List - if anyone finds any errors, please comment so we can correct them!

Nomination threads have been annotated so it is easy to see who won each role as welll.

Last edited:
Would it be early to say I'm already gearing up for the next season casting-wise? We're going to have quite a few roles to cast (Húrin, Huor, Rian, at least one Morwen, at least one Túrin, Sador, Galdor the Tall, Ulfang, Uldor, Bor, Gwindor, Finduilas to name a few). And possibly the Frame...

Last edited:
Back