Casting Draft for The Children of Hurin

Found An article about a web writer's fan cast for The Children of Hurin. Honestly... I'm not sure some of these would work, save for Daniel Craig as Glaurung. The actor he wants as Turin is way too old to play him; there's something off about the jaw and eyes when you cast a decade or more older than a role you're depicting.

Last edited:
The Season 6 Casting has already made me start on thinking about Túrin after Professor Olsen's thoughts about how he should look. Beren's been described as ruggedly handsome but Túrin more classically handsome. My primary candidate has already been cast, so a change is required.

Hauer-King has played a soldier and has to sing for The Little Mermaid, so maybe he comes with some experience in hand and a good singing voice (Túrin has to sing after killing Beleg by accident).

Jonah Hauer-King
Height: 6'2"
Roles: Theodore Laurence in Little Women (2017), Harry Chase in World on Fire, Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid (2023)
1513945930-little-women-jonah-hauer-king.jpg
MV5BYzljZjRlMTctZDU3Zi00ZTExLTk2MmMtZDM4Y2JhNGFjNGY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTYxNzc0NjU@._V1_.jpg

Despite Richard Madden's nomination in S6 for Beren, I always thought he'd better as Tuor, with Kit Harrington as his cousin Turin, though he may be a bit tired of playing a depressive brooding figure

Despite Richard Madden's nomination in S6 for Beren, I always thought he'd better as Tuor, with Kit Harrington as his cousin Turin, though he may be a bit tired of playing a depressive brooding figure
Madden would have to go blond to play Tuor.

Back