Casting Draft for The Children of Hurin

Ange1e4e5

Who would you like to see in The Children of Hurin, since we're coming up on ten years of its publication? (Current nominations have no bearing on this)

The first three for me:

Liam Hemsworth as Turin. He has the height and hair for the role and could age into the part, since most of Turin's story takes place from 20 to 35 and Hemsworth is 26. Gale Hawthorne, who is Liam's character in The Hunger Games, takes a darker turn in the story as Turin does, participating in a mass murder of healers, including the sister of the girl he's attracted to (spoilers!).
3c1fef7988d08738b35cdf99e83b41f5.jpg

Sophie Turner as Nienor. Tall, blonde, decent portrayal of Sansa Stark, whose family is practically just as cursed as Hurin's.
dbr-sophie-turner-blonde.jpg

Iain de Caestecker as Brandir. His performance as Leo Fitz has the same cautious nature and gentler, though sometimes flustered temperament as Brandir, as well as a case of unrequited love.
agents-of-shield-season-2-finale-sos-fitz.jpg

I like Hemsworth for Turin, especially considering his brother was cast as Eonwe. It seems appropriate, somehow, that the greatest of the Younger Children recalls visually the captain of Valinor.

Actually, we cast Liam Hemsworth as Eonwë, which was why Ange1e4e5 said "Current nominations have no bearing on this." ;) Of course, Liam does have two actor older brothers, so.....there's other Hemsworth options available!

Beleg: Barry Pepper. He has an interesting look in his eyes and does a pretty good job of playing military roles, either as the marksman (Saving Private Ryan) or as a sergeant (Flags of Our Fathers).

7318d5a5f60aeb0fc3bea7b989b47871.jpg

Jackson-saving-private-ryan-1666632-852-480.jpg

Actually, we cast Liam Hemsworth as Eonwë, which was why Ange1e4e5 said "Current nominations have no bearing on this." ;) Of course, Liam does have two actor older brothers, so.....there's other Hemsworth options available!
*laughing* I'm afraid I only glanced at Ange's post, and I honestly thought the photo was of Chris Hemsworth... hence my approval.

Aidan Turner as Turin?
aidan-turner-height-weight-shoe-size.jpg

I'd also like Casey Affleck
1488376802578.jpg

or Russell Brand:
Russell-Brand.jpg

Daeron, maybe
Owen Young
2181974OYA.jpg

Nicholas Hoult:
01.jpg

or Andrew Garfield
andrewgarfield.jpg

Sean Connery as Hurin

and I definitely think Torhir Ifant, Celeborn, Evranin, Gereth, Galadhon, Galathil, Ithilbor, Narthseg, Oropher, Thranduil and Nimloth should all make an appearance...

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Finduilas. In my opinion, she did a good job of portraying a beautiful, kind, ultimately doomed young woman.
mad-max-rosie-huntington-whiteley.png

Andrew Garfield does 'tormented' and 'tortured to death' beautifully. I would definitely love to see him as an elf who is doomed to die horribly (meaning just about any character in the Silmarillion - but maybe not Daeron?). But no, seriously, torn apart by werewolves? Sure! He could make an interesting Finrod, if he looks okay with blond hair. He does this thing where he basically wrenches his chest open and leaves his heart completely exposed to the world, so you feel badly for the pain you know he is about to be in....so, yeah, torn apart by werewolves is apt.

Finrod wasn't in The Children of Hurin, he was dead before that.

So what do you guys think of my choices so far?

Andrew Garfield does 'tormented' and 'tortured to death' beautifully. I would definitely love to see him as an elf who is doomed to die horribly (meaning just about any character in the Silmarillion - but maybe not Daeron?). But no, seriously, torn apart by werewolves? Sure! He could make an interesting Finrod, if he looks okay with blond hair. He does this thing where he basically wrenches his chest open and leaves his heart completely exposed to the world, so you feel badly for the pain you know he is about to be in....so, yeah, torn apart by werewolves is apt.
I had Alfie Allen in mind for Daeron, though he doesn't appear in The Children of Hurin.
latest

Back