Casting Draft for The Children of Hurin

John Stahl as Mim. His character of Rickard Karstark is quite similar to Mim.
Rickard-Karstark-John-Stahl-in-GOT-305.jpeg

Either him or Clint Eastwood would have made a good Turin in the 1960s, the latter if Sergio Leone was involved.

So what do you think, Mithluin?

I can't really picture Clint Eastwood taking on a role where he impregnates his sister and commits suicide. Seems like something he would have avoided.

And Connery?

Sorry about not being clear; I had asked about the suggestions I had posted, in general.

we all seem to have the tendency to forget this movie is fictional in times...

i suggest antonio jaramillo as dorlas and theo rossi as hunthor

Hehe, yes, Turin's story will be season 6 or 7, depending on how we handle the concurrent story of Tuor and the Unnumbered Tears. But some of these characters would be cast earlier. Orodreth, for instance, will likely be cast in Season 3 or 4 (depending on whether he is Finrod's brother or nephew).

Well it IS fun. lots of fun...

If we had the actors for the elves cast ready or Vala/Maia Costumes I'd like to sketch some Actors in Costume... should be quite a challenge.

I can see John Stahl as Mim. It depends a bit on which Version of Mim we are going to have in Silm Film. If he is more physically active, maybe a younger actor would fit better.

Not that this should be our primary concern, but if we keep Mim et al. close to their depictions in The Children of Hurin, we could license the novel as a tie-in, with special covers, like the trilogy got under PJ's films...

On another note: older Hurin and Morwen? I don't currently have a firm head-canon for elderly Hurin, but I rather like Ellen Burstyn for older Morwen, even if she was in that terrible Wicker Man remake...

006TWM_Ellen_Burstyn_006.jpg

"She was not conquered."

Cobie Summers looks like she could age into Ellen Burstyn, so I approve of that one!

I have no mental image of Sador.

Back