Caught up!

biotrom

After several years of listening, I have finally caught up on the entire Tolkien Professor podcast feed! I only skipped a few of the Riddles in the Dark episodes that were particularly irrelevant post-Hobbit movies. Now to keep working on the Mythgard Academy feed. I'm up to the Shaping of Middle Earth.

It's been amazing to see the growth from a simple class lecture on The Hobbit to the content-creation machine that Signum is now. My understanding of Tolkien's world is so much deeper, and my life is so much richer! Corey is one of only 2 podcasters I know that do close readings of literature for their audience. (The other is here.) If you know of any other literature podcasts featuring close readings, let me know. I'm dying for more!

I really wish I could attend the live sessions, but my schedule is so full that I think I'll have to continue participating asynchronously. Even though the sessions are optimized for live video, my consumption will still be primarily audio-only. Though I do get to play some LOTRO occasionally. Hoping to make it to TexMoot 2019, but still not sure I'll be able to get there.

Awesome! Welcome to the boards here. :) I don't have any recommendations for podcasts, but hopefully others will find an opportunity to chime in.

The Mythgard Academy classes work very well 'after the fact' - so if you find yourself reading or re-reading one of the books covered, you can just jump into that class and enjoy having a ready-made book club to share with!

The Mythgard Academy classes work very well 'after the fact' - so if you find yourself reading or re-reading one of the books covered, you can just jump into that class and enjoy having a ready-made book club to share with!

Thank you! Glad to be here.

That's a lot of listening. To a first approximation, I have spent more time listening to Corey Olsen than to my wife.

Back