Celeborn's words to Aragorn

toooldnotto

I had to watch the June 5 Sauron Defeated session asynchronously, and am responding to the discussion about Celeborn’s words to Aragorn in the draft. They read to me to mean the same as what he says in the printed text, but framed entirely negatively rather than with the later, partial positivity. Their treasures are Galadriel and Arwen respectively. Galadriel will go over the sea while Celeborn remains to fade in Middle-earth, maybe to eventual nothingness. In any event, she will actively “last” while he will not. Arwen will certainly “outlast” Aragorn (draft word), and she will indeed remain with him until the end (printed words). Perhaps correcting this inexact fit produced the revision, and turned Celeborn’s words to Aragorn from a pronouncement of doom into a comparative blessing.

I don't think this belongs in this fourm. As it's related to a Mythgard Academy session and not 'Exploring The Lord of the Rings'. As I see it, this is a Fourm exclusively for Corey to find questions for the 'Exploring The Lord of the Rings' Course every Tuesday. Please place this in the correct Fourm!

Back