Celebrimbor

Orlando Bloom plays the swordsmith Will Turner in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. But as we all know, he's not a blacksmith...he's a pirate. ;)

It is probably worth pointing out that that film does not take itself entirely seriously.....

Last edited:
Oh those movies. Yes well they're comedies.

Bloom also plays a blacksmith in Kingdom of Heaven. Just saying.

latest

So I guess my remark about Orlando Bloom was about whether or not someone can convincingly play a blacksmith.

I don't know why this particular exchange on Orlando Bloom's career as a blacksmith has me chuckling so hard, but it does. Pahaha...

Anyway...

I think Høgh Andersen's a pretty talented young actor and just casting him in the Silmarillion - period- would sit well with me. So I'm totally fine with him as Celebrimbor, though I must say I'm also kind of hoping we can cast him as Maeglin. So if we can save him for that, this would be my preference.

I don't know why this particular exchange on Orlando Bloom's career as a blacksmith has me chuckling so hard, but it does. Pahaha...

Anyway...

I think Høgh Andersen's a pretty talented young actor and just casting him in the Silmarillion - period- would sit well with me. So I'm totally fine with him as Celebrimbor, though I must say I'm also kind of hoping we can cast him as Maeglin. So if we can save him for that, this would be my preference.
I'm having a really hard time finding someone else to nominate as Celebrimbor, to be honest...But I'll give it a few more days...

Thanks for being so considerate! Give me a couple days to see if I can help come up with alternatives but if nothing comes up, I won't hold back a perfectly acceptable candidate. :)

But I actually nominated someone else! :)

Good suggestions! After some hunting the only potentials I came up with were Brenton Thwaites (which is hilarious considering he played Will Smith's son, but I do like his look) and Patrick Schwarzenegger.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 9.14.36 AM.png Thwaites
pat.jpg Schwarzenegger

Back