Luthien

Daeron

Saeros

Denethor

Tilion

Boldog

Voice of Shelob

Various Dwarves (Mim was put on hold)

Thanks but I think that a complete list would have to include characters in the frame and more specifically named dwarves. Will there be hobbits?

Thanks but I think that a complete list would have to include characters in the frame and more specifically named dwarves. Will there be hobbits?
Named dwarves: Telchar, Azaghal (sp?), Norn, Gamil-Guy (I like your idea for Gamil-Brogg, I think it was), and the as- yet-unnamed king of Nogrod.

Named Hobbits.... Bilbo, I'm sure, maybe Farmer Maggot as a fairly young hobbit?

Yes it's easy to forget one or two, that's why I'm feeling a bit lost. I haven't had time to keep up with the script writing, obviously.

Named dwarves: Telchar, Azaghal (sp?), Norn, Gamil-Guy (I like your idea for Gamil-Brogg, I think it was), and the as- yet-unnamed king of Nogrod.

Named Hobbits.... Bilbo, I'm sure, maybe Farmer Maggot as a fairly young hobbit?
I thought we cast Bilbo back in Season 1.

Ok I have lost track of what’s happening here... What does the actual list look like at this point?
Haven't had much to do on the casting forum in general to be honest, except add names and who we'd think would be interesting to see here.

List of characters to cast in Season 3 (in progress):

Tilion
Boldog
Shelob (voice)

Frame:
Halbarad
Hamilcar
Teenage Estel

Dwarves:
Telchar, a female weaponsmith
Gamil Brôg, Telchar's master
Norn, a translator/ambassador
Azaghal, Lord of Belegost
Laurin, Lord of Nogrod

Elves of Beleriand:
Lúthien
Daeron
Denethor
Saeros
Galdor of the Havens (unless another elf of the Havens is more strongly desired at this time?)

Elves of Aman:
Maedhros
Maglor
Celegorm
Caranthir
Curufin
Amrod
Amras
Celebrimbor

Fingon
Turgon
Aredhel
Elenwë
Idril

Finrod
Angrod
Aegnor
Orodreth? (The Hosts have consistently spoken of him as Finrod's brother, not his nephew, but he has not yet played a role in the story, so we can save him to cast later, even if he is already on screen.)
Eldalótë? (glorified extra, the wife of Angrod - we don't need to cast her if we don't have a role for her, so...wait until we do?)
Amarië (she will have a very minor role, but we'll see her in at least a few scenes, so we might as well cast her)

After we finish the Script Outlines, I'll do a quick run-through and see if there are any characters we've forgotten.

Seriously though, (and as you can see I'm going through some of the more obscure names here) I think we could use the Sinda Annael this season. He could be a messenger between Thingol and Círdan. Later on, he will be Tuor's foster father and have a really interesting story.

So it turns out we need for Círdan to send a messenger from Drengist to Thingol. Would you be okay with making that Annael?

So it turns out we need for Círdan to send a messenger from Drengist to Thingol. Would you be okay with making that Annael?
I would. We want him to live in Mithrim later, that's important, and I think that we could make that happen.
And since he ends up living with Círdan, he could be one of Círdan's people to begin with? It could work.

Last edited:
List of characters to cast in Season 3 (in progress):

Tilion
Boldog
Shelob (voice)

Frame:
Halbarad
Hamilcar
Teenage Estel

Dwarves:
Telchar, a female weaponsmith
Gamil Brôg, Telchar's master
Norn, a translator/ambassador
Azaghal, Lord of Belegost
Laurin, Lord of Nogrod

Elves of Beleriand:
Lúthien
Daeron
Denethor
Saeros
Galdor of the Havens (unless another elf of the Havens is more strongly desired at this time?)

Elves of Aman:
Maedhros
Maglor
Celegorm
Caranthir
Curufin
Amrod
Amras
Celebrimbor

Fingon
Turgon
Aredhel
Elenwë
Idril

Finrod
Angrod
Aegnor
Orodreth? (The Hosts have consistently spoken of him as Finrod's brother, not his nephew, but he has not yet played a role in the story, so we can save him to cast later, even if he is already on screen.)
Eldalótë? (glorified extra, the wife of Angrod - we don't need to cast her if we don't have a role for her, so...wait until we do?)
Amarië (she will have a very minor role, but we'll see her in at least a few scenes, so we might as well cast her)

After we finish the Script Outlines, I'll do a quick run-through and see if there are any characters we've forgotten.
So what about Gandalf? And one or two Hobbits?

So what about Gandalf? And one or two Hobbits?
Gandalf yes. We probably ought to cast a different actor for old man Gandalf than Maia Olorin, right?

Hobbits... are we going to make them characters, or reaction extras/redshirts? If the latter, they probably can be unknowns.

Gandalf yes. We probably ought to cast a different actor for old man Gandalf than Maia Olorin, right?

Hobbits... are we going to make them characters, or reaction extras/redshirts? If the latter, they probably can be unknowns.
Yes if we're introducing Gandalf, Bernal is not going to play him. The Maiar who become the Istari take forms of old men, but those are not their original forms. But the question is, does Gandalf appear this season? I thought he did, but now I'm not sure, since MithLuin didn't include him on the list.

We did have Gandalf in at least one scene in Season 1, if I recall. The issue is that the timeline specifically calls out the moment when Aragorn first meets him, so to preserve that, we've been a bit cute with Gandalf's presence, making sure he is never in a room with Estel. He might find his way into the frame for a scene or two over the next three episodes we haven't outlined yet, but if he does, his involvement will likely remain minor.

Ah. Ok that makes sense. So we will have some more time to think about that particular casting question then.

I haven't noticed that the execs have a firm opinion about where to place Orodreth. He could be a generation younger and perhaps we could do something with him, Celebrimbor and Idril? But yes it probably has to be a s4 thing.

Back