Characters to Cast

I'm sorry for being a bit confused but did we choose to cast grown up Idril after all?
Don’t know about that, but she appears in some capacity, grown up or not. If we don’t cast her as an adult for this season, definitely next season.

I have no problem casting child Idril, except for the general dearth of good child actors. Maybe we say she's an unknown? But that's no fun.

What age do we need?

I've been watching the ABC show 'Designated Survivor' and the girl who plays Penny Kirkman, the President's daughter, has caught my eye in the way of performance.

[Spoiler ahead , just in case anyone is familiar with this show]

This half of the season, the characters are dealing with the recent death of the First Lady (who was killed in an terrible car accident) among other things. I can't find the corresponding clip but there is a scene halfway through Season 2, episode 11 ("Grief") where the President has to tell his teenage son and young daughter that their mother has just died. I'm not a fan of the way the episode was generally handled, but Penny's reaction in that scene was one of the better moments of credible acting for me.

McKenna Grace, age 12

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 11.56.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.39.12 PM.png

What age do we need?

I've been watching the ABC show 'Designated Survivor' and the girl who plays Penny Kirkman, the President's daughter, has caught my eye in the way of performance.

[Spoiler ahead , just in case anyone is familiar with this show]

This half of the season, the characters are dealing with the recent death of the First Lady (who was killed in an terrible car accident) among other things. I can't find the corresponding clip but there is a scene halfway through Season 2, episode 11 ("Grief") where the President has to tell his teenage son and young daughter that their mother has just died. I'm not a fan of the way the episode was generally handled, but Penny's reaction in that scene was one of the better moments of credible acting for me.

McKenna Grace, age 12

View attachment 1558
View attachment 1559

Ok, she's adorable...

Orodreth? (The Hosts have consistently spoken of him as Finrod's brother, not his nephew, but he has not yet played a role in the story, so we can save him to cast later, even if he is already on screen.)
Yes we could save him, but I think we should ask the Hosts to decide on who he is. I'm not sure what's the consensus but in the thread about "The Family of Gil-Galad" I got the impression that people wanted him to be the grandson of Finarfin rather than the son.

List of characters to cast in Season 3 (in progress):

Tilion
Boldog
Shelob (voice)

Frame:
Halbarad
Hamilcar
Teenage Estel

Dwarves:
Telchar, a female weaponsmith
Gamil Brôg, Telchar's master
Norn, a translator/ambassador
Azaghal, Lord of Belegost
Laurin, Lord of Nogrod

Elves of Beleriand:
Lúthien
Daeron
Denethor
Saeros
Galdor of the Havens (unless another elf of the Havens is more strongly desired at this time?)

Elves of Aman:
Maedhros
Maglor
Celegorm
Caranthir
Curufin
Amrod
Amras
Celebrimbor

Fingon
Turgon
Aredhel
Elenwë
Idril

Finrod
Angrod
Aegnor
Orodreth? (The Hosts have consistently spoken of him as Finrod's brother, not his nephew, but he has not yet played a role in the story, so we can save him to cast later, even if he is already on screen.)
Eldalótë? (glorified extra, the wife of Angrod - we don't need to cast her if we don't have a role for her, so...wait until we do?)
Amarië (she will have a very minor role, but we'll see her in at least a few scenes, so we might as well cast her)

After we finish the Script Outlines, I'll do a quick run-through and see if there are any characters we've forgotten.
So we have Hamilcar and Telchar left (no casting has been suggested yet), as well as Orodreth (if we're doing him now), Amarië and Eldalotë?

Back