Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica

Octoburn

Has anyone else read this series by James A. Owen? Really fun fantasy romp that takes place in the early 20th century. The premise is that all imaginary worlds are real, and exist in a place called the Archipelago of Dreams, where some literary geniuses have served as the guardians of the Archipelago. There are 7 books in the series, starting with Here, There Be Dragons.

It does feel as if it's gone a bit off the rails in the last two books, because of an overabundance of characters, time travel and parallel timey wimey stuff, but is overall still very fun.

Oh, and it's revealed near the end of the first book that the 3 protagonists are Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and Charles Williams.

Anyone else here read this series? It's not greatly known, but I'm surprised to not see it mentioned in a very Tolkien-oriented forum.

No, but it sure looks intriguing! Apparently there's no e-book edition, though, which might dissuade me from purchasing it...
Yeah, that is a bit surprising. And only about half the series is on audiobooks. It really is worth the price, though, especially for the Artwork which the author also does (and aren't quite as vivid in the ebooks I had of them before (I used to use a nook, but couldn't get used to it.) It was also republished in a more "adult" format, compiling the seven novels into three Volumes, but without the artwork.

I'm not sure if they're available in nook format or not still. I haven't used mine in a while.

Back