Complete Cast List for Season Two

So it seems that the direction the story is taking and the pace of it indicates that we should do casting for 3rd generation this season. Sons of Fëanor, and so on. These elves should be grown up by the time of the Darkening. They're not growing up between the Darkening and the Kinslaying, and not on the way to Middle-earth.

I hope to keep track of the characters who will be appearing throughout the season, and in each individual episode. That should help give people a picture of how major of a role a character has, and help us to avoid leaving anyone out (we forgot about Arien in season one, for instance, and the sons of Elrond in the Frame).

All of the characters from Season 1 are still characters in Season 2, but they've already been cast, so I won't bring them up here. We should probably not forget about them in other forums, but....not needed here.

With elves having (near) eternal youth and not many signs of age, differentiating between generations is going to be...interesting.

Characters marked with a '?' may not be appearing in this season...we will have to see how that unfolds.

Frame: Arwen, Celeborn, Galadriel - these characters will reappear in later seasons, but both Celeborn and Galadriel could be born in the main story this Season, making young/old discussions necessary. There will be other elves of Lothlorien, and some of them may have dialogue. It is *possible* the characters of the frame will travel, though...unlikely that they go far or interact with 'outsiders'.

Main

EVIL characters:
Thuringwethil - female - possible bat shape, possibly still a bit more human-form

The oldest generation of elves:
Morwë (Avari) - 1/2 of the 'Noldor' stayed with him at Cuivienen
Nurwë (Avari) - 1/3 of the 'Teleri' stayed with him at Cuivienen
Ingwë (Vanyar) + his wife - all of the Vanyar left Cuivienen
Finwë (Noldor)
Míriel (Noldor)
Mahtan (Noldor)
Elwë (Teleri-Sindar)
Olwë (Teleri-Falmari) + his wife
Elmo? (Teleri-???) + his wife
Círdan (Teleri-Falathrim)
Lenwë (Teleri-Nandor) + his wife

Next Generation:
Ingwion? (Vanyar) - the son of Ingwë will play a role in the War of Wrath 10 seasons from now. There is no need to introduce him in this season, and he can always be born later.
Indis (Vanyar) - possibly the niece of Ingwë? Alternately his sister, putting Indis in the older generation...but younger wife will fit the issues we are going to bring up here, I think.
Fëanor (Noldor) - son of Finwë and Míriel
Fingolfin (Noldor) - son of Finwë and Indis
Finarfin (Noldor) - son of Finwë and Indis
Findis and Irime? - 2 daughters of Finwë and Indis (one stays in Valinor, one goes to Middle Earth with their brother Fingolfin)
Nerdanel (Noldor) - daughter of Mahtan, wife of Fëanor
Anairë (Noldor) - wife of Fingolfin
Eärwen (Teleri-Falmari) - daughter of Olwë, wife of Finarfin
Luthien? (Teleri-Sindar) - daughter of Thingol and Melian (born this season, but not cast until later, most likely)
Galadhon (Teleri-Sindar)- Elmo's son, and the father of Celeborn. He should be an elf of Doriath in this season.
Denethor (Teleri-Nandor/Laiquendi) - Son of Lenwë, leaves the Nandor at the end of this season.

Third Generation (only in the Valinor story-line: so, all Noldor) [Let's HOLD on casting these until Season 3, even though, yes, they will appear towards the end of this season.]
Maedhros - eldest son of Fëanor
Maglor - son of Fëanor
Celegorm - son of Fëanor
Curufin - son of Fëanor
Caranthir - son of Fëanor
Amrod and Amras - twin sons of Fëanor
Fingon - eldest son of Fingolfin
Turgon - son of Fingolfin
Aredhel - daughter of Fingolfin
Finrod - eldest son of Finarfin
Angrod - son of Finarfin
Aegnor - son of Finarfin
Argon? - possible son of Finarfin who will be killed in the first battle he is in?
Galadriel - daughter of Finarfin
Elenwë? (Vanyar) - wife of Turgon

Even Younger: [HOLD]
Idril? (a child of 7-8 at the time of the Darkening, she is the daughter of Turgon (Noldor) and his wife Elenwë (Vanyar)) - we may not see her until Season 3
Celebrimbor? (Son of Curufin (Noldor) and his unnamed wife, who presumably did not go into Exile with the Noldor. Celebrimbor's age is unclear, but he is clearly the youngest Fëanorean - alternately, we could have him born in Middle Earth, with his mother dying prior to the tale of Beren and Luthien...but that takes away the chance of him ever meeting Fëanor.)
Orodreth? Whose kid is he and is he born yet? I vote for making him younger (and Angrod's son)

Miscellaneous Elves of undetermined age:

Beleg (Teleri-Sindar)
Mablung (Teleri-Sindar)
Saeros (Teleri-Laiquendi)
Eöl (Avari)
various elves of Gondolin, etc.
Amarië (Vanyar)

I don't see Rumil.

So it seems that the direction the story is taking and the pace of it indicates that we should do casting for 3rd generation this season. Sons of Fëanor, and so on. These elves should be grown up by the time of the Darkening. They're not growing up between the Darkening and the Kinslaying, and not on the way to Middle-earth.

Yes, the grown up characters will appear this season.

But let me remind you that you have practically no one to cast in Season 3, so saving the casting discussion until then will give you something to do next season, and allow for family resemblances to be based on the actual actors chosen at the end of this season.

I would recommend holding off on casting discussions for that generation at this time....but if you want to forge ahead get right on that....that's your call.

Updated Cast List based on characters with speaking lines in each episode. SUBJECT TO CHANGE, obviously.

Season 2: Ep 1 - The Awakening of the Elves
Frame: Arwen, Celeborn, Celebrían (in flashback)
Main: Ingwë, Finwë, Elwë, Young Celeborn, Young Indis and Míriel
(Other Cuiviénen elves will appear in the ensemble.)

Season 2: Ep 2 - The Ambassadors
Frame: Arwen, Celeborn, Galadriel, possibly a friend of Arwen's?
Main: Ingwë, Finwë, Elwë, Míriel, Morwë, [Indis]
Also, our first appearance/lines for Radagast [Aiwendil] will be in this episode.

Season 2: Ep 3 - The Great Debate
Frame: Arwen, Celeborn, Galadriel
Main: Ingwë, Finwë, Elwë, Míriel, Olwë, Círdan, Nurwen, Eöl, Morwë, Lenwë, Míriel's sister? (Tatië?)
Gothmog, Sauron and Thuringwethil all appear in this episode. None of them should be 'new' characters, but these might be Thuringwethil's first lines. She was not cast yet.

Season 2: Ep 4 - The Migration
Frame: Arwen, Galadriel, Celeborn, with Celebrían, Elladan and Elrohir (in the Mirror)
Main: Lenwë, Elwë, Celeborn, [Beleg], [Mablung], Olwë, Círdan, Treebeard, Fimbrethil, Finwë, Míriel, (Mahtan), Ingwë
Melian was cast last season.

Season 2: Ep 5 - The Forsaken
Frame: Arwen, Galadriel, Celeborn, Elladan, Elrohir
Main: Olwë, Círdan, Finwë, Ingwë, Míriel, Indis, Mahtan, Iminyë (Ingwë's wife, returned from the dead)
Drauglin is introduced; Gothmog, Thuringwethil, Sauron all appear
Ossë and Uinen were already cast

Season 2: Ep 6 - Elvenhome
Frame: Arwen, Galadriel, Celeborn, ??
Main: Finwë, Míriel, Indis, Olwë, baby/toddler Fëanor, Elwë
Sauron, Drauglin, ??
Valar already cast: Estë, Lorien, Mandos, Melian, Ossë

Season 3: Ep 7 - Spirit of Fire
Frame: Arwen, Galadriel, Celeborn, ???
Main: Finwë, Fëanor (teen and adult), Indis, Ingwë, Iminyë, Rumil, Mahtan, Nerdanel, young Fingolfin, young Finarfin, 2 young sisters, Olwë,
Valar already cast: Nienna, ??

Ok but actually it means we could discuss the casting now and then do nominations for the 3rd generation during the work on season 3.

That makes sense... gives people the ability to record their recommendations now, while they're thinking about them, but not committing to an actor until we have a fuller idea of the roles each is going to play in the story arc.

Far be it from me to curb anyone's fun - if we ran out of elves to discuss who will definitely appear in this season, time to move on to the next generation. Here are the characters we need whom I do not see threads for. I will acknowledge we've gotten most of them, so if the vote is to open up discussion on the next generation - go for it! Just don't forget these guys:

Frame: Arwen’s friend/mentor (description pending Saturday's discussion)

Morwë (Avari) - 1/2 of the 'Noldor' stayed with him at Cuivienen
Nurwen (Avari) - 1/3 of the 'Teleri' stayed with her at Cuivienen
Ingwë’s wife Iminyë who returns from the dead

Next Generation:

Findis and Irime - 2 daughters of Finwë and Indis (one stays in Valinor, one goes to Middle Earth with their brother Fingolfin)
Anairë (Noldor) - wife of Fingolfin
Eärwen (Teleri-Falmari) - daughter of Olwë, wife of Finarfin

Miscellaneous Elves of undetermined age:
Mablung (Teleri-Sindar)
Rúmil (Noldor)

Various unnamed wives (ie, Olwë's wife, Lenwë's wife, etc - we know these guys have children in these episodes, so presumably wives too, but so far no scenes have been written specifically for those wives. So I don't think it's necessary to cast them.)

So who's left... Iminyë, Anairë, and Eärwen?

Edited

Last edited:
Isn't Anairë Eärwen's friend? So she probably is hanging out with Finarfin and Findis? She's Fingolfin's wife so there might be some kind of tension there, she might not trust Melkor's words as much as he and Irimë does?

Iminyë... I mean she dies early on and then returns just before the Vanyar move to Taniquetil... Do we really need to pick an actress for this role...? :confused:

Unless the Script Team (do they have a cooler name? The Scriveners?) plans on developing her, I think we could get away with saying Iminye is a "glorified extra" cast as an unknown. One or two character is going to have to be cast as someone completely new, right?

Unless the Script Team (do they have a cooler name? The Scriveners?) plans on developing her, I think we could get away with saying Iminye is a "glorified extra" cast as an unknown. One or two character is going to have to be cast as someone completely new, right?
There's going to have to be some unknown actors in the cast, or it will almost look ridiculous.

I think, that if we're going to not cast or drop* two characters, Anaire and Iminye are obvious candidates. Earwen has a possible story-line coming up, being Olwe's daughter and thus impacted personally by the Kinslaying, not to mention being possibly the only one left of the Teleri royal house afterwards (have we thought at all about her [possible] brothers yet?)

But Anaire and Iminye are even more minor. Ideally, we wouldn't have either just be a fridged wife or incubator for the amazing kiddies, but we don't have time to give everyone complicated story-lines. If we like, we could think of the sort of look we would be looking for in an open casting, but neither character is one I imagine calling an established actor to offer.

*EDIT: "drop" meaning not worrying about their casting, not dropping the characters from the story entirely!

Last edited:
I still think we could do something with Anairë and I'd suggest not dropping her from casting yet. But I think we could stop looking for an actress to play Iminyë.

Okay, as our Sessions have wound down to the end of the season, we have a pretty good idea of what characters are needed in which episodes for Season 2. I am going to attempt to list them all out, as I think Trish Lambert will be starting the Casting process soon for this season, and it will be good to have a reference. Please, correct my errors! For some of these, they will be in an episode, but don't necessarily have a pivotal role or even lines in that episode yet. For instance, Indis is alive and part of the group [and therefore onscreen] from the very first episode in Cuivienen, but we don't 'meet' her until her friendship with Míriel which develops in Episodes 4-5.

Frame Story: Arwen, Celeborn*, Galadriel*, Arwen's (unnamed) friend, Celebrían (in flashback only), Elladan and Elrohir, background elves of Lothlorien
Anyone else we'll need for the Frame narrative?
*Also appear in Main Story

Main

EVIL characters:
Thuringwethil (Episodes 3-6) - female - possible bat shape, possibly still a bit more human-form
Drauglin (Episodes 5 and 6) - male - werewolf form is more wolf and no humanoid version. [voice]
Tevildo (Episode 4, possibly other episodes) - male - cat-like (think black panther or saber-toothed tiger, not kitty cat) [voice]

Morwë (Avari) [Episodes 2-3] - 1/2 of the 'Noldor' stayed with him at Cuivienen
Nurwen (Avari) [Episodes 1-3]- 1/3 of the 'Teleri' stayed with her at Cuivienen
Ingwë (Vanyar) [Episodes 1-8, 12, 13]
Iminyë (Vanyar) [Episodes 5-8, 12, 13] - minor character, probably does not need to be cast
Finwë (Noldor) [Episodes 1-13]
Míriel (Noldor) [Episodes 1-6]
Tatië (Avari) [Episodes 2-3]
Mahtan (Noldor) [Episodes 4-10, 12, 13]
Elwë (Teleri-Sindar) [Episodes 1-6]
Olwë (Teleri-Falmari) [Episodes 3-6, maybe several later ones as well.]
Círdan (Teleri-Falathrim) [Episodes 3-5]
Lenwë (Teleri-Nandor) [Episodes 3-4]
Beleg (Teleri-Sindar) - [Episodes 4-6]
Mablung (Teleri-Sindar) - [Episodes 4-6]
Eöl (Avari) - [Episode 1 and 3]
Rúmil (Noldor) - [Episode 7 and ???]

Next Generation:
Indis (Vanyar) [Episodes 2-13] - daughter of Ingwë and Iminyë
Fëanor (Noldor) [Episodes 6-13] - son of Finwë and Míriel (note: child actor needed in Episode 6]
Fingolfin (Noldor) [Episodes 7-10, 12, 13] - son of Finwë and Indis (note: child actor needed in Episode 7)
Finarfin (Noldor) [Episodes 7-10, 12, 13] - son of Finwë and Indis
Findis (Noldor) [Episodes 7, 9, 10, 12, 13] - daughter of Finwë and Indis (note: child actor needed in Episode 7), minor role
Irime (Noldor) [Episodes 7, 9, 10, 12, 13] - daughter of Finwë and Indis who will die in the Kinslaying
Nerdanel (Noldor) [Episodes 7-13] - daughter of Mahtan, wife of Fëanor
Anairë (Noldor) - [Episodes 8-10, 12, 13] wife of Fingolfin
Eärwen (Teleri-Falmari) [Episodes 8-10, 12, 13] - daughter of Olwë, wife of Finarfin

Third Generation (only in the Valinor story-line) [Let's HOLD on casting these until Season 3, even though, yes, they will appear towards the end of this season. For one, it will be good to get the parents nailed down before casting the children, and for another thing, we will have a LOT of casting to do this season and almost NONE to do next season if we do these.]
Maedhros - eldest son of Fëanor, first appears in Episode 8
Maglor - son of Fëanor, first appears in Episode 8
Celegorm - son of Fëanor, first appears in Episode 8
Curufin - son of Fëanor, first appears in Episode 9
Caranthir - son of Fëanor, first lines of dialogue in Episode 10, though present in 9
Amrod and Amras - twin sons of Fëanor, first appear in Episode 10 (as children)
Fingon - eldest son of Fingolfin, first appears in Episode 8
Turgon - son of Fingolfin, first appears in Episode 9
Argon? - possible son of Fingolfin who will be killed in the first battle he is in? - NOT introduced as a character
Aredhel - daughter of Fingolfin, first appears in Episode 9
Finrod - eldest son of Finarfin, first appears in Episode ??? (not introduced this season)
Angrod - son of Finarfin, ???
Aegnor - son of Finarfin, ???
Galadriel - daughter of Finarfin, first appears in Episode 9, as a child
Elenwë (Vanyar) - wife of Turgon, first appears in Episode 9

Even Younger: [HOLD]
Idril (a child of 7-8 at the time of the Darkening, she is the daughter of Turgon (Noldor) and his wife Elenwë (Vanyar)) - first seen in Episode 12
Celebrimbor (Son of Curufin (Noldor) and his unnamed wife, who presumably did not go into Exile with the Noldor - first seen as a child in Episode 11
Orodreth? Whose kid is he and is he born yet? I vote for making him younger (and Angrod's son)
Gil-galad? Whose kid is he and is he born yet? I vote NO, NOT YET.

Miscellaneous:

Amarië (Vanyar) - brief background appearance in Episode 12
Ents! Treebeard and his wife Fimbrethil, as well as possibly the other two 'old' ents (Leaflock and Skinbark) will appear in episode 4 with the Nandor and will need voices.

Last edited:
Heads up that 'official' nominations are opening shortly. Not sure how Trish wants to organize that, but figured I should give everyone the heads up that that is happening this week.

Back