Complete Cast List for Season Two

As promised....here are the characters *CURRENTLY* being used in the script outline for Season 2: Episode 1. This...may change.

FRAME: Arwen, Celeborn, Celebrían [in flashback]

Main Story: Young Celeborn, Elwë, Finwë, Ingwë, as-yet-unnamed Avari (perhaps Morwë or Nurwë?), Míriel?

Present, but no speaking lines: Lenwë, Círdan...?

Already Cast: Oromë [Alexander Skarsgård]

Unless anyone has a strong objection, I'd like to *HOLD* on casting the younger generation of elves until after we've thoroughly dealt with the older generations. We can always cast the Sons of Fëanor and their half-cousins in Season 3, even if they do certainly appear towards the end of Season 2. But the only 'new' characters in Season 3 are likely to be...the dwarves? Some frame characters? So let's hold off for now and focus our efforts on the older generations.

Among other reasons, casting the parents first (definitively) allows us to make suggestions for the children based on that.

There is a very good chance that Argon will not appear in this project at all. There are already too many characters, so....some will get cut.

I see you've got Saeros on the list. I guess he could be in the party searching for Elwë along with Beleg, Celeborn, Mablung and Daeron, but we probably have enough people already this season. I would suggest that we do casting for him later on.

I'm no expert on this subject, but I don't really like cutting character. At least I think they should have non-speaking roles so Tolkien fans can recognize him.

I'm no expert on this subject, but I don't really like cutting character. At least I think they should have non-speaking roles so Tolkien fans can recognize him.
Yes I agree, but perhaps we don't have to do casting? We don't want to waste someone to do a cameo when he or she could play a greater part later on.
So maybe we can mark those who won't play a greater part in our story as 'cameo' or 'not to be cast'¨or something?

Last edited:
I also would rather include characters than cut them. My comment was based on the comments made by the Execs that seemed in favor of 'streamlining' characters, eliminating those not relevant to the story. Being present as an unnamed background character without speaking lines is certainly possible. References to a dead brother later on are fine. But as Haakon points out, I doubt we'll bother casting such a cameo.

The list I put at the beginning of this thread was meant to be as inclusive as possible - all the elves! So that we wouldn't forget about anyone. But as the sessions go on, it will need revision to reflect the characters we are actually using. (For instance, it seems we have a female Avari character with lines in Episode 3, but probably only Morwë, not Nurwë. Perhaps we can name her Nurwen?)

Every character named here has a specific role (and presumably lines) in the episode as outlined. There are other characters present who are 'optional' to appear on screen in the episodes and are not named here. The Valar etc. who were cast last season are not mentioned here even when they do reappear.

Season 2: Ep 1 - The Awakening of the Elves
Frame: Arwen, Celeborn, Celebrían (in flashback)
Main: Ingwë, Finwë, Elwë, Celeborn and Míriel
(Other Cuiviénen elves will appear in the ensemble.)

Season 2: Ep 2 - The Ambassadors
Frame: Arwen, Celeborn, Galadriel
Main: Ingwë, Finwë, Elwë, Míriel, Morwë
Also, our first appearance/lines for Radagast [Aiwendil] will be in this episode.

Season 2: Ep 3 - The Great Debate
Frame: Arwen, Celeborn, Galadriel, possibly Elladan and Elrohir?
Main: Ingwë, Finwë, Elwë, Míriel, Olwë, Círdan, Nurwen, Eöl, Lenwë, Míriel's sister? (Tatië?)
Gothmog, Sauron and Thuringwethil all appear in this episode. None of them should be 'new' characters, but these might be Thuringwethil's first lines. She was not cast yet.

Season 2: Ep 4 - The Migration
Frame: Arwen, Galadriel, Celeborn, with Celebrían, Elladan and Elrohir (in the Mirror)
Main: Lenwë, Elwë, Celeborn, Beleg, Mablung, Olwë, Círdan, Treebeard, Fimbrethil, Finwë, Míriel, Mahtan, Ingwë
Melian was cast last season.

Last edited:
At this moment (and just checking your list MithLuin, we have not yet (if I'm not mistaken) begun discussing the following: Celebrían, Morwë, Elladan and Elrohir, Nurwen, Tatië, Mablung or Fimbrethil.

Bring up Fimbrethil wherever we are discussing Treebeard, to keep the 'voices of ents' conversations together.

Tatië was my attempt at naming an invented character - we want Míriel to have a family member to disagree with in the episode with her wedding, likely a sister. Since we are foregoing the Imin, Tata, Enel characters, I thought I would give that a nod (Tatië is Tata's wife, and they are the leaders of what would become the Noldor). But this is simply a suggestion and her name/role may change after people take a look at the Script Outlines.

If 'Arwen's mentor' (Nurwen) becomes 'Arwen's friend in Lothlorien', then we will need to cast that character as well. But let's wait until Friday's session to see what the Hosts think of that idea. I don't want to toss out a character they've invested a good deal of time into, but I do think that sideplot needs to be revisited.

Mablung of the Heavy Hand will appear on screen, but he may just be silent backup to Beleg at this juncture in the story. We have him traveling with Elwë, Celeborn and Beleg on the ill-fated journey where Elwë meets Melian, and then joining in the searching afterwards. But he and Beleg are definitely a pair at this point, and I don't know that we're doing anything with Mablung (yet). I guess I am saying that maybe Beleg and Mablung will be cast in Season 3? But there's no harm in bringing them up now, just in case.

Also, I should point out that Tevildo now appears in Episode 4, so we will need a voice for him, as well.

Bring up Fimbrethil wherever we are discussing Treebeard, to keep the 'voices of ents' conversations together.

What about other ents? It can't be just two for a good and long conversation, we need more ents. We could make "Old Man Willow" a young ent man!
He wouldn't have to be as evil-hearted when days were young.

What about other ents? It can't be just two for a good and long conversation, we need more ents. We could make "Old Man Willow" a young ent man!
He wouldn't have to be as evil-hearted when days were young.
I think Old Man Willow is more a huorn than an Ent, but I agree we want more than two ents. We could have a LoTRo nod and make Quickbeam a bigger character.

Quickbeam is too young to be in this scene during the Years of the Trees. But yes, we can have multiple ents, not just Treebeard and Fimbrethil. We know the names of the other 2 ents who are as old as Treebeard, so we should probably use them (Leaflock and ummm....hang on a sec....ah, Skinbark). In Sindarin, their names are Fangorn, Finglas and Fladrif.

Quickbeam is too young to be in this scene during the Years of the Trees. But yes, we can have multiple ents, not just Treebeard and Fimbrethil. We know the names of the other 2 ents who are as old as Treebeard, so we should probably use them (Leaflock and ummm....hang on a sec....ah, Skinbark). In Sindarin, their names are Fangorn, Finglas and Fladrif.
Thanks for the catch! I had forgotten Quickbeam was one of the younger Ents. I would definitely vote for Skinbark/Fladrif to be included but, no offense intended to Leaflock, but adding another character whose name begins with "Fin" might prove confusing to the audience.

Dr O said he'd like to see more Ents, for example in Dagor Bragollach or in the story about Tuor (if I remember correctly). At this stage though I think we won't get into much detail about that many of the Ents - probably no more than Fangorn and Fimbrethil, or just Fangorn. But it's good to have a few names on the table. Perhaps a separate Ents thread?

So where are we now...has the list changed? Perhaps the rewriting of the outlines changes things a bit?

Episode 4 cast now includes Ulmo.

Episode 2 is TBA since it is being completely rewritten. The cast list should not alter too much: ambassadors + valar/maiar + ancillaries.

Alright, good. I was wondering, we should have a discussion about the Morwë and Tatië characters. Should they be included in the casting process? In that case, we should discuss what they're like.

Tatië is a speaking role for one episode (three) and in the background for episode one and maybe two. She's Míriel's sister, so someone with a family resemblance to whoever is cast as Míriel is preferred. She's not exactly a rounded character, so I wouldn't get to hung up on casting her.

Morwë is our chief Noldor Avari spokesperson. He may or may not, depending where we land with the episode two rewrite, be a serious romantic suitor for Míriel. Regardless of episode two's status, we use him mostly as an antagonist, however, he has valid concerns and arguments during the debate, so needs to be someone sympathetic to the audience, even if they're not meant to like him. In an ideal world, the audience should be able to imagine him (and Nurwen) becoming the lead(s) of the show, if different plot paths were taken or if there were an Avari spin-off.

Back