Concerns about season 5

And yet it sounds like he’ll be just one of many Orcs killed in Hurin’s Aure Entuluva, with nothing to make him stand out.

I mean, I'm not sure why we would do it that way. Hurin is the last man standing, sure, but there are quite a few of his own men around him. Including his brother. Having the H-brothers fight Boldog and Hurin survive to find that he's basically the last survivor. Then we get Aure Entuluva. It's just a matter of framing.

I mean, I'm not sure why we would do it that way. Hurin is the last man standing, sure, but there are quite a few of his own men around him. Including his brother. Having the H-brothers fight Boldog and Hurin survive to find that he's basically the last survivor. Then we get Aure Entuluva. It's just a matter of framing.
The published Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin have Huor killed with an arrow to the eye. I take it we'd have him die differently this time around?

Season 5: Arrival of Men in Beleriand --> Death of Fingolfin
Season 6: Dorthonion overrun --> Return of Beren and Lúthien to live out their mortal life in Ossiriand
Season 7: ????

It would make sense that the lead up to the Nirnaeth and the 'young Hurin and Huor in Gondolin' parts would make up this season, but it's also possible that that's too short for 13 full episodes without some stretching. Could we stretch? Sure. We could have a dwarf-centric plot really expands on what we know of Belegost. We could have an entire plot of Sauron (or others?) meddling with the Easterlings who enter the story at this point. We can figure out why Ulfang targeted Caranthir and what made him ultimately side with Angband. Etc. But I don't know if we want to do all of this. The Nirnaeth Arnoediad itself could take up multiple episodes.

Season 8: Túrin's childhood --> Túrin's death

I’m not sure we should kill off Boldog before the War of Wrath. Thuringwethil and Draugluin will die pretty soon. I can’t see Tevildo hanging on for a very long time. Yes we do have Gothmog and Glaurung, but the Angband celebrity gang will be more than decimated. We need to keep some of our baddies, don’t we?

Season 6: Dorthonion overrun --> Return of Beren and Lúthien to live out their mortal life in Ossiriand

It would make sense that the lead up to the Nirnaeth and the 'young Hurin and Huor in Gondolin' parts would make up this season, but it's also possible that that's too short for 13 full episodes without some stretching. Could we stretch? Sure. We could have a dwarf-centric plot really expands on what we know of Belegost. We could have an entire plot of Sauron (or others?) meddling with the Easterlings who enter the story at this point. We can figure out why Ulfang targeted Caranthir and what made him ultimately side with Angband. Etc. But I don't know if we want to do all of this. The Nirnaeth Arnoediad itself could take up multiple episodes.

So the Death of Fingolfin will be our season finale?

I think 13 episodes between the end of Beren and Luthien's stories and the start of the Nirnaeth. It would be almost all created from scratch.

Perhaps, we could use the Nirnaeth as the "turning point" in the season, and the second half setting up the meat of the Turin/Tuor stories, showing primarily their childhoods by the end of the season. Then season 8 would be the meat of the Turin/Tuor stories, or at least Turin's, as I know Tuor's continues further, chronologically. End 8 with Turin's death. Turning point in 9 is fall of Gondolin/Doriath, ending with Earendil arriving in Valinor. Season 10: War of Wrath.

Maybe.

‍♂️

I think 13 episodes between the end of Beren and Luthien's stories and the start of the Nirnaeth. It would be almost all created from scratch.

Perhaps, we could use the Nirnaeth as the "turning point" in the season, and the second half setting up the meat of the Turin/Tuor stories, showing primarily their childhoods by the end of the season. Then season 8 would be the meat of the Turin/Tuor stories, or at least Turin's, as I know Tuor's continues further, chronologically. End 8 with Turin's death. Turning point in 9 is fall of Gondolin/Doriath, ending with Earendil arriving in Valinor. Season 10: War of Wrath.

Maybe.

‍♂
I would not say it would not be from scratch; we have Hurin and Huor in Gondolin, an attack in Hithlum where Galdor the Tall is killed and Hurin takes the Lordship of Dor-Lomin, the politics of the Union of Maedhros, plague in Dor-Lomin, etc.

So the Death of Fingolfin will be our season finale?

Yes, the Hosts have stated that preference multiple times - that the duel between Morgoth and Fingolfin would take place in the final episode of the season, and be the climatic point we are building to all along. .

Yes, the Hosts have stated that preference multiple times - that the duel between Morgoth and Fingolfin would take place in the final episode of the season, and be the climatic point we are building to all along. .
I can get behind that.

What form should Annael’s treachery take? He is due this year.

I’m not sure we should kill off Boldog before the War of Wrath. Thuringwethil and Draugluin will die pretty soon. I can’t see Tevildo hanging on for a very long time. Yes we do have Gothmog and Glaurung, but the Angband celebrity gang will be more than decimated. We need to keep some of our baddies, don’t we?

I already pointed out that will be the case... Angband will very soon have lost most of it's protagosists.On the other hand, possibly storytelling will soon focus more on men and elves and there will be little Angband story to tell anymore...
Gothmog dead, Boldog dead, Sauron exiled, Thuringwethil dead or exiled, Draugluin and Carcharoth dead...

Leaves us with Morgoth, Glaurung and Ancalagon so far.On the other hand i see little opportunity to build up some Orcs, Lug,Orcobal, Balcmeg and Othrod die in Gondolin, possibly in the Huor-season, Boldog and Gorgol possibly die in the Beren and Luthien season...

*shrugs*

If we have one or two edain-seasons before we come to Hurin, Huor, Beren and Earendil... maybe we won't need that many main characters in Angband at all?

I already pointed out that will be the case... Angband will very soon have lost most of it's protagosists.On the other hand, possibly storytelling will soon focus more on men and elves and there will be little Angband story to tell anymore...
Gothmog dead, Boldog dead, Sauron exiled, Thuringwethil dead or exiled, Draugluin and Carcharoth dead...

Leaves us with Morgoth, Glaurung and Ancalagon so far.On the other hand i see little opportunity to build up some Orcs, Lug,Orcobal, Balcmeg and Othrod die in Gondolin, possibly in the Huor-season, Boldog and Gorgol possibly die in the Beren and Luthien season...

*shrugs*

If we have one or two edain-seasons before we come to Hurin, Huor, Beren and Earendil... maybe we won't need that many main characters in Angband at all?
Glaurung will be killed by Turin as well. I’m speculating about Barahir saving Finrod taking place during Season 5 in the Dagor Bragollach. Also, Morgoth still has a plot since he’s cooking up winged Dragons which only debut during the War of Wrath.

Yeah near the end of the turin s3ason i guess... so we probably have him for at last two more s3asons, if were doing turin-tuor-beren in that row..

No. Beren will definitely be Season 6.

How we're handling Tuor and Túrin has yet to be determined. Obviously, their timelines overlap, but we probably don't want to tell their stories in parallel. So, we could do Túrin first, and then Tuor....or we could combine them in some more complicated way.

No. Beren will definitely be Season 6.

How we're handling Tuor and Túrin has yet to be determined. Obviously, their timelines overlap, but we probably don't want to tell their stories in parallel. So, we could do Túrin first, and then Tuor....or we could combine them in some more complicated way.
I’m thinking that we do Turin’s story first, but make an allusion or two to Tuor; his birth is mentioned on the first page of Chapter 4 of The Children of Hurin and Gelmir and Arminas mention him in Chapter 11. For Tuor, he and Voronwe actually see Turin at the Pools of Ivrin, but Turin is so intent on his journey to Dor-Lomin that he may not see them.

And of course, there’s no knowing of how we’ll fit the Ruin of Doriath into all this...

Yeah. Nothing on our show past Season 6 has been plotted out yet. It's all question marks at this point. There have been suggestions here on how to do it, so it's not like we haven't discussed it....but we haven't discussed it with the executive producers, so, who knows?

Other considerations for Season 5: we have Rhogrin and Annael escaping this season. When should they escape? Should Diriel assist, ie giving Rhogrin a hammer that he uses to nail the nearest Orc, take some keys and release a few Elves? Then as this party escapes Annael joins at the back of the party?

Last edited:
What sort of actions do we want Doriath to be taking during Season 5? The focus will not be on them, as there are no mentions of them except for Thingol showing displeasure at Men being in Beleriand, and allowing Beleg to take a company of Sindar to repel Orcs in Brethil.

Also, this might be one of the few chances we have to introduce Oropher, since we have him taken captive by Beren and Luthien. Unless we are introducing Oropher when he’s freed?...

Back