Cuiviénen

That is helpful, thanks!

So are sets all Decided after scripts, or before, or at the same time?
The sets session has been after all of the episode sessions are done. It's after the script sessions as well, yes. But we collect material and discuss sets throughout the season.

So after the season is over all related set/location discussions are closed to any further input?

Should I never post in the sections about those seasons?

Last edited:
Good question! I think i do remember that cuivienen is temperate...

I also think i remember that central middle earth is a vast steppe, there are deserts south of cuivienen and - possibly frozen- needlewoods in the far north, but i can't remember if those details do actually play a role in the script.

Last edited:
Omg this feels like ages ago even though it was only this last spring... I honestly can't remember, you'll have to listen to the season 2 sets session. But I seem to recall that we discussed Asia Minor, the Eastern Mediterranean, or the area around the Black Sea or the Caspian Sea.

Here is the discussion from the end of Season 2 - the discussion on Cuivienen is from 4:21 - 23:00.

As you can see, they were quite impressed by Lake Riza, but the real point of the discussion is to hear what they liked/didn't like, as any 'real' film project could film at multiple sites to get the whole picture.

Last edited:
Back