Dream Casts

D

Deleted member 207

Hi all.

I keep reading posts of people suggesting potential casts but also people noting they'd like to use those people for more interesting roles.

Would it be a good idea to have a thread where we can post actors we would love to be cast at some point and use it as a resource pool to dip into when we are looking for big names. If somebody else is a fan of an actor, chances are there could be a part for them. It could be a first port of call if you are struggling to think of a possible name for a role.

We could just post actors here with a link to their IMDB and perhaps what you love about their work and why you might want them to be in the show.

Thoughts?

Adjoah Andoh

A truly fantastic actress with an awful lot of charisma and presence. As seen in Broadchurch, Bridgeterton and The Witcher and a seasoned RSC actress.

1.png 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie Marsan.

THE character actor. He's been in everything. Filth, Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, The World's End, Ray Donavan and the excellent Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell (where I first really came across him)

eddie.png eddie2.png

David Jason.

He's Derek 'Del-Boy' Trotter. That should be enough.

david3.png david2.png david.png

Adjoah Andoh

A truly fantastic actress with an awful lot of charisma and presence. As seen in Broadchurch, Bridgeterton and The Witcher and a seasoned RSC actress.

View attachment 3543 View attachment 3544
Perhaps as Queen Azrâindil? As a role in the Frame, it's small, but at the same time, she will be key to telling the story of the city-state and will have a tragic death.

Christian Bale? Would have considered him for Beren if we were doing this project 10-15 years ago, also considered him for Barahir for Season 5 (Barahir is about 50 circa the Dagor Bragollach and in his mid-fifties when the outlaws are betrayed). If we get as far as the Downfall of Numenor he could be in the running for Elendil since he's the main protagonist for that arc.
MV5BMTkxMzk4MjQ4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzExODQxOA@@._V1_UY1200_CR84,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Shazad latif totally! I could see him as a perfect númenorean...

Gillian Anderson also is a great and underappreciated actress. Can't think of a role for her right now though... she's a bit small for a Numenorean i fear.Badaki i don't know enough... i guess we'd have to wait until 2nd age for more adequate roles for black people... when it gets to Harad we certainly should find opportunity to create interesting Haradrim/Sakal-lai characters.

If we had cast the Houses of Beor and Haleth differently then Shazad would be my pick for Beren frankly. There's plenty of other actors I'd love to see come up in this series but it kind of comes down to anyone I have recently watched and loved love.

I will say, my two top choices for ANYTHING right now would have to be Rahul Kohli and Kate Seigel. During October I binged so many Kate Siegel/Mike Flanagan films.
1639138121517.png 1639138143670.png
Rahul Kohli, Kate Seigel

Both are PHENEMONEAL actors.

And it'd be wrong to not include the legends that are Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Laurie. Both incredibly versatile.
1639138375080.png 1639138362885.png

Kate Seigel i could totally see as Erendis or maybe Tar Telperien. Somehow i'd love Atkinson as the Witch king! Yeah...

Hugh Laure i could well see as Ar Pharazon. Rahul Kohli... i could see him as Isildur or Anarion...

Back