Eöl

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
It became clear in the Celeborn thread that many would like to see Mark Strong as Eöl.
index.php

It is unclear how much of Eöl we will see this season (and so far we have just discussed such a possibility in very few words), but casting a well known actor like Mark Strong would make viewers notice the guy, and would prepare them for the time when he reenters the story.

Other candidates?

It became clear in the Celeborn thread that many would like to see Mark Strong as Eöl.
index.php

It is unclear how much of Eöl we will see this season (and so far we have just discussed such a possibility in very few words), but casting a well known actor like Mark Strong would make viewers notice the guy, and would prepare them for the time when he reenters the story.

Other candidates?

I mostly think Hiddleston is too young and handsome for the role, Mark Strong's not a bad looking man, but he's got a little stank on him, and I think that's kind of important for Eol.

I'm glad to hear that someone around my age would be considered to young to play an elf, despite their agelessness. Though one of the biggest problems I had with Cate Blanchett as Galadriel was that she looked ... old. Not so much in normal shots, but in the close-ups of her hands.

Cate Blanchett's Galadriel is meant to have some age on her, though, just as Hugo Weaving's Elrond is meant to look 'older' in his end-of-the-Third-Age scenes compared to his Last Alliance scenes.

I think that both of them visibly aged between the filming of the LotR and the Hobbit prequels, which is a bit jarring, but what can you do? If we have a 15-season epic TV show, our ageless characters are going to age, too.

It looks like Eöl will have a brief appearance in S2Ep3, after which he will storm off and disappear, not appearing again until Season 4.

Back