Earwen

Marielle

So since we know next to nothing about Earwen, I had nothing solid to go on here. I admit, knowing she a princess of the sea-elves, I thought to myself "could I see this actress as a mermaid"? Very Tolkienian, I know.

Of course, she'll have to have silver hair.

So I nominate Emily Browning. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0115161/?ref_=nm_mv_close

She's got a softer look, and I could see her paired well with Finwe's gentle son.

Attachments

• browning 2.jpg
    browning 2.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 7
  • browning 1.jpg
    browning 1.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 7
I don't know anything about her, but I can see her as Eärwen.
She'd have to change her hair colour though, right? I think Eärwen has blonde or silver coloured hair.

I think the phrase is something like "starlight silver", yes. I didn't see any images of Browning with blonde/pale hair, but I don't think it would clash with her coloring.

I haven't actually seen her in anything but "A Series of Unfortunate Events" from 10 years ago, but she was fine as Violet. I just like her look: smaller frame, fine features, etc.

Here is Emily Browning with fair hair:

MV5BNTk5NDQwNDM3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM2OTUyNQ@@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

I liked her a lot in 'A Series of Unfortunate Events', but I have not seen her since. Apparently, she's kept quite busy, though.

Whoever we cast as Earwen will have to be good at mourning....we're going to kill off a good sized chunk of her family at Alqualondë.

Whoever we cast as Earwen will have to be good at mourning....we're going to kill off a good sized chunk of her family at Alqualondë.
That is certainly true... again, having not seen her in anything since Unfortunate... I think she could pull it off?

Was it any good?

Well, I was right: she looks just fine with pale hair.

Who else should we consider?

Was it any good?

Well, I was right: she looks just fine with pale hair.

Who else should we consider?

Not...really....

The concept was interesting, but it mostly lacked structure. I had mixed feelings about Browning at the time, but I do like her. I think she's a lovely actress, and I also happen to have a friend who literally looks just like her. I think Browning would do well as Earwen.

Back