Ecthelion

I would have liked Ecthelion to be played by a more dark- skinned actor... sadly we now have our strictly-european-elves ethnicity-pattern...

Still i 'd like to state that not all europeans have a very light skintone...
We still have a couple chances; Rog is described as swarthy, and the Hosts suggested that Annael be dark.

Ah...the 'if' was in connection to my not volunteering to make casting lists myself. I certainly hope casting lists get made, but since I wasn't going to necessarily do it myself...I left it at 'if'. But yes, I do appreciate your keeping track of all of this.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to take care of this (as well)...

Perhaps we could push things a bit here. I agree that the European-looking elves model we’re working with could be softened a bit. Maybe Ecthelion could be played by an actor of partly Asian descent?

I don't think the Hosts will have any objections to Mediterranean actors. And sure, why not nominate someone Asian and see what happens?

Ok maybe he doesn't meet all of the criteria, and I haven't seen him act, but look at this guy, Leehom Wang:

Singing:

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910966/

He can sing. He's got some abs.
Ok so he's a bit on the older side (43) but he looks pretty young for his age.

So Jeremy Renner (5' 10") can sing....

He's a bit old for an elf (48), but obviously has plenty of experience as an action hero on screen.

So Jeremy Renner (5' 10") can sing....

He's a bit old for an elf (48), but obviously has plenty of experience as an action hero on screen.
Right. We will just have to think about how to make the viewers believe that he has the most beautiful voice in Gondolin.

Ah, fair, I wouldn't describe his voice as 'beautiful' or 'elvish'. But Tony Stark did call him "Legolas" in The Avengers (on account of his bow and arrow), so....there is that....

And you guys...this is all Nick's fault, but now I really, really, really want Jared Padalecki to be an elf for no reason at all, so you've got your choice of Rhogrin, Ecthelion, or Caranthir, but I'm probably gonna wind up nominating him for all three roles just because at this juncture. Fair warning.

Okay, okay...not really "no reason at all." I could see him taking down Gothmog. And he's pretty enough for CW casting, so...yeah.

I wouldn't mind casting Padelecki as Caranthir. That's the most suitable of those alternatives, in my book. It would be a rather nice Caranthir, certainly nicer than I have been imagining, but it would be interesting. It wouldn't be a cliché.

Back