Edhellos

Ange1e4e5

Edhellos (a variation of Eldalote) is the wife of Angrod and mother of Orodreth. Angrod’s herald, she will be put under the Spell of Bottomless Dread, and made to serve the will of Morgoth. The Hosts have suggested that she be tall, dark-haired and imposing.

Suggestions?

I guess I’ll start this off:

Olga Kurylenko
Height: 5’9”
Roles: Camille Montes in Quantum of Solace, Etain in Centurion
olga-kurylenko-closing-ceremony-of-the-15th-marrakech-international-film-festival_3.jpg

I was mostly joking, based on the Firefly actors chosen in Season 1.
I see.

Looking at the Cast So Far list, I'll admit that it’s been 3 years and I'm still perplexed about Simon Woods as Sauron; I remember watching him in Pride and Prejudice and nothing about him really convinced me that he'd be right for the role.

Last edited:
I see.

Looking at the Cast So Far list, I’ll admit that it’s been 3 years and I’m still perplexed about Simon Woods as Sauron; I remember watching him in Pride and Prejudice and nothing about him really convinced me that he’d be right for the role.
Yes there has been one or two surprises.

IIRC, he also has played Caligula, so we weren't necessarily expecting him to play Sauron as Mr. Bingley, for what it's worth.

Oh, sorry - he was Octavian in Rome.
This scene, for instance:
Or this one:

I think Woods probably would work, even if I, considering Sauron’s whole arch, from idealistic Mairon seduced by the powerful Melkor, through charismatic Annatar, to tall and dark master of Mordor, would have chosen someone else.

I have bigger problems with others, and as you surely know by now, most often it’s about casting people who can’t sing to play great singers (notably Finrod and Ecthelion) - but I guess it’s something I have to live with.

I liked him as Octavian...
the Idea we followed with Mairon in Season 1 was an idealistic youthful spirit who will eventually fall and become the dark tyrant known as Sauron...

For Sauron Lord of Werewolves alone i exspect him to wear a much darker costume and makeup already... ( and i want him to wear a wolfpelt and Magic staff with a silver wolfhead as outfit)

Back