Edrahil

Status
Not open for further replies.

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Edrahil is an elf of Nargothrond who fought in the Dagor Bragollach beside Finrod in the Fens of Serech. He and his brother Enedrion survived, but their father was killed in the battle. They are both very loyal to Finrod, and choose to accompany him when he announces his intention to assist Beren in the fulfillment of the Quest for the Silmaril. They are captured by Sauron's forces along with Beren and Finrod, and imprisoned in Tol-en-Gaurhoth, where they are eventually killed by werewolves.

Edrahil should be played by a young actor in his 20's, to emphasize that he is among the Noldor born in Beleriand.

As a Noldo, Edrahil will most likely be portrayed with dark hair.

I would like to nominate Dan Roe for the role.

1680125033454.png
Height: 6' (1.83 m)

This musician and actor from Pennsylvania appears in Daisy Jones and The Six, where he plays a young Billy Dunne. Older Billy Dunne is played on the show by Sam Claflin, whom Silm Film has already cast as a Noldo elf (Celegorm). So, he presumably looks like an elf! He is a guitarist in real life, for the band Moon Cougar.

1680125418593.png

Edit: Chosen to play Edrahil

Last edited:
Dylan O'Brien
1681581144679.png

Height: 5'10"

He plays Stiles on the CW's Teen Wolf, a goofy sidekick character who is not a werewolf and not a werewolf hunter, and has more sense than most of the other characters while still being ridiculous. Who better to get attacked/killed/eaten by a werewolf this season? He also appears as Thomas in the Maze Runner films. His background is: Irish, English, Spanish, and Italian.

1681580398098.png

Aaron Taylor-Johnson

1681582686800.png
Height: 5'11" (1.8 m)

Haakon once suggested that Aaron Taylor-Johnson looks like Rufus Sewell, who we cast as Finwë, so he should fit in well as a generic minor Noldo. He plays Tangerine in Bullet Train (with Brad Pitt), he plays Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver in the MCU, and Dave in Kick-Ass and an extensive resume with many other roles going back to age 6! So, he's been in his fair share of action pieces/period dramas with weird costumes, etc. This British actor also has a Russian and Jewish background.

1681582768906.png

Tom Machell
1681583837457.png
Height: 6' (1.82 or 1.83 m)

Another early suggestion for 'actor who looks like he could be an elf' was this British actor with piercing eyes and a slender build. I'm not familiar with his work, but I imagine he would do just fine in this role. He has a younger brother who plays soccer, so I am suggesting him for an 'older brother' role in this project.

1681583558793.png

1681583462406.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back