Eilinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ange1e4e5

Eilinel is the young wife of Gorlim, fair and gentle. She is killed in the sacking of Dorthonion and Ladros by Orcs; her fate was unknown to her husband. Gorlim took to searching for Eilinel at the abandoned settlements but on one of these excursions he was seized by Thurwingwethil and Orcs, the former taking Eilinel's form to entrap him. When Gorlim bargained to reveal the outlaws in exchange for joining Eilinel again, Sauron revealed her fate to Gorlim before putting him cruelly to death so he could "join" her.

Eilinel should be young, in her twenties to late teens at the youngest.

Ella Purnell has been in a number of projects, often as quirky characters, but I remember her most as Maria Grey where she plays the spirited young lady to the hilt: sweet-tempered, well-mannered, but also dreams of traveling to far-off places (India in her case) and marrying for love. A notable case of this is when Maria talks to her love Charles about India where he plans trading, but immediately has to change gears when her fiance shows up and she has to pretend to be happy to see him (the second clip is the second half of the scene).

Ella Purnell
Height: 5'5"
Roles: Young Maleficent in Maleficent (2014), Emma in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Lady Maria Grey in Belgravia, Jackie in Yellowjackets, Kate Ward in Army of the Dead
xIZojkBo3Cf0GnchjC8hSS5P105.jpg

Olivia Rodrigo
Height: 5'5" (1.66 m)

For Eilinel, I went for the youngest actress I could find who would convey a sense of unfulfilled love. When we see Eilinel on screen, she's forever beyond Gorlim's reach, and I hope there would be a poignancy to the scenes that convey their despair. Also, she has to be able to drop the mask and 'reveal' Thuringwethil to both Gorlim and the audience.

I started by hitting up the CW and Disney+ to find a young actress (born this century!), and I was happy with what I saw from Olivia Rodrigo. She's been in High School Musical. As a singer, I think she will be comfortable inhabiting intense emotions on screen. Her background includes a mixture of nationalities, including English, Austrian, Filipino, and Chinese. I think she will fit in with the broadly Mediterranean-type House of Bëor with her dark hair and eyes.

olivia-rodrigo-gq-turkiye-stalk-driving-license.png

olivia-rodrigo-gq-september-2021-01.jpg

"Brutal"
As far as I know, she's the singer/songwriter for this.

And another, where her face is not as covered up by filters/special effects:
Definitely shows the range of 'sweet and innocent' to 'i'm going to kill you'!

Cover of "You're So Vain" performed live

Edit: Selected to play Eilinel (Thuringwethil); desire to emphasize cute/innocent/in need of protecting side

Last edited:
Bailee Madison
Height: 5'6"
Roles: May Belle Aarons in Bridge to Terebithia, Sally in Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Grace Russell in The Good Witch, Imogen Adams in Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin
Madison has been in and out of fantasy and horror films and TV, plus an influx of Hallmark movies. Definitely acts like the girl next door in The Good Witch.
e16ab5236cb269be147bc97878686cf5.jpg
imogen-toggle-coat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back