Elenwe

Ange1e4e5

Any ideas for Elenwe, wife of Turgon and mother of Idril? Elenwe, as one of the Vanyar, would be blonde. Could use a lesser-known actress, since Elenwe dies early on in the Helcaraxe. Or we could go the other direction, have a famous actor and kill them off right away.

I've heard a couple ideas, like Hayley Atwell and Natalie Dormer.
352451f183ea9f85fade11cb463321cf.png
a8e3f47a88fac60d9e119deee9927412--natalie-dormer--natalie-dormer-body.jpg

(Just want to mention that Hayley Atwell is discussed as an alternative for Haleth. But I wouldn't mind seeing her as Elenwë)

I guess I meant a thread for Haleth alone.
Yes, well, I guess...start one if you like. Could be a good idea. I think we should try to keep specific casting threads in the appropriate season section, but we seem to have crossed that line at some point.

Atwell and Dormer are both great actresses, but I'm not sure we want to waste them on Elenwe. She's only a step or two up from a glorified extra at this point, since we didn't make her a major or key secondary character last season, and we can only do so much with her before we have to kill her this time. That being said, we do need her death to be meaningful, and preferably not just because of its impact on her husband and daughter.

Nell Hudson is an option:
upload_2017-9-21_12-46-46.jpeg

as is, I think, Emerald Fennell:
MV5BNzkwMjRkODItMzZmNC00MjJjLWFjYzYtN2I2YjMxY2QzOTE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMyMDMyNjI@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I'm really really taken with Emerald Fennell. Elenwe would be a great role for her but we definitely should cast her somewhere if not as Elenwe.

Back