Elven Hair and Eye Color

My reasoning for putting Celeborn in the 4-6 range of the scale was to make it perfectly plausible that he and Galadriel (3) would have a daughter at 6, which would make it more likely that Celebrían at 6 and Elrond at 9 would have Arwen at 10, just like Lúthien. I do understand that that seems darker than his description, so...I agree, let's roan him. If he and Galadriel are both rare roans, then their daughter would have to be, but of course we've already made her one anyway. So he was already going to be a carrier; now we just need to make his mother a carrier too. That's a slight adjustment which keeps all the probability happy.

I am okay with Elwing being 9; I don't need her to be a 10. That's still 'raven black' and won't make it look weird when she and Earendil have dark-haired sons.

Here is a lovely piece of artwork by Jenny Dolfen:
94ac3ec67c112a68c2d573819f65d8cf--jenny-dolfen-elrond.jpg

In it, a silver-haired Elwing walks along the beach with a blond Earendil and their two sons. I actually had the chance to chat with her while she was painting this (she puts up video tutorials sometimes, where she shares her work as she does it), and in the discussion, of course elvish hair color came up. She was thinking that Nimloth would have passed on the silver hair to Elwing, and so chose to represent her this way. I love the painting, and the color scheme that screams 'last happy moment together' for this family. But...I have to admit that they don't really look like they're the parents of those kids. A darker-haired Elwing would make this more visually believable.

Of course, I am also planning an Elwing costume, and when I wear it, I don't intend to wear a wig, so in my mind, Elwing's hair is 'exactly as dark as mine' ;)

I like combining silver and black, because it's the same pigment and it really shouldn't be independent. And since silver shouldn't really be dark enough to 'wash out' blond, we're just having it replace the brown (blond) pigment with a small amount of black pigment = silver. So, it seems to have some basis in a mechanism for gene expression. I like that. I also like not adding a zillion independent genes as fixes for tough spots in the family tree, as that feels like cheating.

So as it stands, we have:

VWXYZ
5 genes working together to determine brown eumelanin inheritance - all 5 genes are incomplete dominant, and their effect is cumulative. The more pigment 'on' genes you have, the more pigment you have. The more pigment 'off' genes you have, the more dilute your pigment is. Shades range from 0 (platinum blond) to 10 (black)

R/r
Simple recessive red (r) accounts for red pheomelanin inheritance. This pigment blends with the shades of brown, though it is drowned out by the darkest shades. It runs in Mahtan's family, but is somewhat rare in elves. Those without red hair are RR or Rr.

S/s
Simple dominant silver (S) accounts for black eumelanin inheritance. It replaces the production of brown with black for all shades on the scale from 0-10 (white to jet black). This trait is not found in humans (ss), and is unique to elves.

T/t
Very rare simple recessive roan (t for 'tiger stripes') removes the pigmentation from half the strands of hair, leaving them white. The overall effect is to make the hair appear significantly lighter. Examples include: brown roan (brown/blond + white), black roan (black/silver + white), and red roan (reddish brown + white). Galadriel is a blond roan. All other examples occur in the royal family of Doriath and are black roan. This trait is not found in humans; all humans are TT.

I think this system is very workable! The only problem is that now I will have a fit if someone decides a character in our project 'has' to have a hair color that DOES NOT WORK within this genetic frame work! ;) But no, this is good, and I think has about the minimum to describe the full range of hair colors we'll see believably. Now to translate MS Word colors to wigs and get characters assigned (at least to a range; we don't have to be needlessly definitive).

Last edited:
I like this system too! We've done good work.

My reasoning for putting Celeborn in the 4-6 range of the scale was to make it perfectly plausible that he and Galadriel (3) would have a daughter at 6, which would make it more likely that Celebrían at 6 and Elrond at 9 would have Arwen at 10, just like Lúthien. I do understand that that seems darker than his description, so...I agree, let's roan him. If he and Galadriel are both rare roans, then their daughter would have to be, but of course we've already made her one anyway. So he was already going to be a carrier; now we just need to make his mother a carrier too. That's a slight adjustment which keeps all the probability happy.

I am okay with Elwing being 9; I don't need her to be a 10. That's still 'raven black' and won't make it look weird when she and Earendil have dark-haired sons.
Alright, so Celeborn is a 4-5 roan, and Celebrían is a 6 roan. Elrond and Elros have inherited TT, Elrond's kids are Tt, and Elros' kids are TT.

But...I have to admit that they don't really look like they're the parents of those kids. A darker-haired Elwing would make this more visually believable.
Yeah, Elwing should definitely be dark. I want her at 10. Arwen and her brothers can be 10, but I can accept them at 9, like Elrond and Elros.

And I want to register a plea with the costumers reading this thread, that you not dress identical twins in identical outfits, ever. It’s annoying when twins do it voluntarily. It’s eewwww when parents do it to their twin children, like they think it’s cute. IMO it’s the opposite. Ick. Let's hope Elwing and Eärendil, Dior and Nimloth, and Elrond and Celebrían, have better taste. (Nerdanel might try to do it, but Fëanor and their brothers should overrule her. :p)

So as it stands, we have:

VWXYZ
5 genes working together to determine brown eumelanin inheritance - all 5 genes are incomplete dominant, and their effect is cumulative. The more pigment 'on' genes you have, the more pigment you have. The more pigment 'off' genes you have, the more dilute your pigment is. Shades range from 0 (platinum blond) to 10 (black)

R/r
Simple recessive red (r) accounts for red pheomelanin inheritance. This pigment blends with the shades of brown, though it is drowned out by the darkest shades. It runs in Mahtan's family, but is somewhat rare in elves. Those without red hair are RR or Rr.

S/s
Simple dominant silver (S) accounts for black eumelanin inheritance. It replaces the production of brown with black for all shades on the scale from 0-10 (white to jet black). This trait is not found in humans (ss), and is unique to elves.

T/t
Very rare simple recessive roan (t for 'tiger stripes') removes the pigmentation from half the strands of hair, leaving them white. The overall effect is to make the hair appear significantly lighter. Examples include: brown roan (brown/blond + white), black roan (black/silver + white), and red roan (reddish brown + white). Galadriel is a blond roan. All other examples occur in the royal family of Doriath and are black roan. This trait is not found in humans; all humans are TT.
I still think VWXYZ can also include small amounts of black, but less than is seen in Humans. A minor quibble since we don't disagree what it looks like.

I think that among Noldorin extras, there can be a few redheads, so red isn't as rare among the Noldor as roan is among the Teleri. As it is we have red running in 2 families, vs. roan running in 4 families. And there can be silver and grey haired Telerin and Sindarin and Nandorin extras, too.

I’ll continue with crosses, %s, and character color assignments. I’ll post a list of my opinions when I have most of them narrowed down more. I'll begin with the assumption that the undescribed wives of Olwe, Galadhon, Galathil, Angrod, Orodreth, and Curufin, and Baragund and Belegund and the ancestors of Beren, are all at least 5. Unless you think one of those should be lighter?

Last edited:
I'm willing to give you a pass on Orodreth's wife. She doesn't have to be dark haired. For the rest, good assumptions.

Amrod and Amras seem to be the type of twins to choose to dress the same, given the Ambarussa thing. But what this will come down to is how similar the actors look and whether or not we want the audience to be able to tell them apart.

I was thinking the same thing about Orodreth's wife.

Amrod and Amros have different hair colors as adults and "were not to be confused." I grant that they might dress the same ... still, eeww. Let's not let the Half-Elven twins do that.

Also I changed Morwen to 8, which gives less than 3% chance for Lalaeth or Nienor to be 3. But I say Lalaeth had the dilution thing going on, like lots of blond children in real life, and died before it got darker. Nienor and Hurin can start the same, and then get darker in adulthood. Maybe as loss of innocence symbolism. Or just because it's common in real life.

Should any Mortals of the Hadorians be red?

Do you have any preference for Maglor?

EDIT: I just realized this is in Casting. Should probably be in Costumes instead.

EDIT2: Blond hair always has some pheomelanin in it, more so if it's a bright golden. So for S* to bleach that out to silver or white, it has to eliminate pheomelanin as well as brown eumelanin. So, we can never have grey-red haired elves. *sigh of relief* Hey, if you're bothered by the low probability of Feanor and Nerdanel having 2-3 redheads, Feanor could genetically be a full "redhead" and it wouldn't show.

EDIT3: Alright, in the interests of not cramping the creativity of costumers, I'll stop for now (unless you have specific preferences or objections). This is how I've narrowed things down so far:

Finwë: ?? ss T? 9 black
Míriel: R? S? T? 4 silver
Mahtan: rr ss T? 6-7 auburn
Mahtan’s wife: R? ss T? 5-9 dark?
Nerdanel: Rr ss TT 5 light brown
Fëanor: Rr Ss TT 9 raven-black
Maedhros: rr ss TT 5 copper or 6 diluted (copper)
Maglor: R? ?s TT 7-8 dark brown or grey
Celegorm: R? ss TT 5 golden brown
Caranthir: R? ss TT 8 dark brown
Curufin: R? Ss TT 9 raven-black
Amros: rr ?s TT 7-8 diluted (copper or light auburn) -> dark auburn or chestnut
Amrod: rr ?s TT 7-8 diluted (copper or light auburn)
Curufin’s wife: ?? ss TT 5-10 dark
Celebrimbor: ?? ss TT 5-10 dark
Ingwë: R? ss T? 0-4 gold
Ingwë’s sister: ?? ss T? 0-4 gold
Indis’ father: ?? ss T? 0-4 gold
Indis: R? ss Tt 3 deep gold
Findis: R? ss T? 5 light/golden brown
Írimë: R? ss T? 7 brown
Fingolfin: ?? ss T? 8 dark brown
Anairë: ?? ss TT 5-10 dark
Fingon: ?? ss T? 6-10 dark
Turgon: ?? ss T? 5-9 dark
Elenwë: R? ss TT 0-4 gold
Idril: R? ss T? 1-4 gold (darkest parental combination is 9x2)
Aredhel: ?? ss T? 8-10 dark
Eöl: ?? ?? T? 8-10 dark
Maeglin: ?? ss T? 9-10 black (preferrably 10) his parents can’t both be 8
Olwë: R? S? Tt 0-1 white
Olwë’s wife: ?? ?? T? 5-7 dark
(probable Olwë combinations: 7x0, 6x1, 6x0, 5x1, 5x0)
Eärwen’s siblings: ?? ?? ?? 0-6
Eärwen: R? Ss Tt 2 star-silver
Finarfin: R? ss Tt 4 dark gold
Finrod: R? ss T? 1-4 gold
Angrod R? ss T? 1-2 gold
Aegnor: R? ss T? 1-3 gold
Edhellos: ?? ?? T? 5-8 dark
Orodreth: R? ss T? 1-3 gold (darkest parent combo 8x2)
Orodreth’s wife: ?? ?? TT 0-7
Finduilas: R? ss T? 0-4 gold (darkest parent combo 7x2)
Gil-galad son of Orodreth: R? ss ?? 0-6
Galadriel: R? ss tt 3 gold roan
Galadhon: R? S? Tt 1-7 white to grey
Galadhon’s wife: ?? ?? Tt 5-9 dark
(darkest Galadhon combinations 9x2, 8x3, 7x5, 6x6)
Celeborn: R? S? tt 4 silver roan
Galathil: R? S? Tt 2-8 silver or grey
Galathil’s wife: ?? ?? ?t 5-10 dark
Nimloth: R? S? tt 5 silver roan (darkest parent combos 10x3, 9x4, 8x5, 7x6)
Thingol: R? Ss T? 5 grey-silver
Melian: RR SS TT 10 deepest black
Lúthien: ?? S? T? 10 deepest black
Emeldir’s father Beren: ?? ss TT 5-10 dark
Emeldir’s mother: ?? ss TT 5-10 dark
Bregor: ?? ss TT 5-10 dark
Bregor’s wife: ?? ss TT 5-10 dark
Emeldir: ?? ss TT 5-9 dark
Barahir: ?? ss TT 5-9 dark
Beren’s sister Hiril: ?? ss TT 3-9
Beren Erchamion: R? ss TT 5 golden brown
Dior: ?? Ss T? 10 deepest black
Eluréd: ?? Ss Tt 9-10 raven or deepest black (preferrably 10)
Elurín: ?? Ss Tt 9-10 raven or deepest black (preferrably 10)
Elwing: ?? Ss Tt 9-10 raven or deepest black (preferrably 10)
Elros: ?? Ss TT 9 raven-black
Elrond: ?? Ss TT 9 raven-black
Celebrían: R? Ss tt 6 silver roan
Elrond’s twins: ?? S? Tt 9-10 raven or deepest black
Arwen: ?? S? Tt 9-10 raven or deepest black
Aragorn: ?? ss TT 7-10 dark
Eldarion and sisters: ?? ?s T? 6-10
Eärendil: R? ss TT 4 dark gold (one parent at least 3)
Tuor: R? ss TT 1-4 blond (darkest parent combo 8x3)
Huor: R? ss TT 3-4 blond
Rían: ?? ss TT 5-8 dark (lightest parent combo 6x1)
Belegund: ?? ss TT 6-10 dark
Belegund’s wife: R? ss TT 0-4 blond
Galdor: R? ss TT 0-1 flaxen or platinum blond
Galdor’s wife Hareth: ?? ss TT 8 dark brown
Húrin: R? ss TT 4 ash/sandy blond (diluted in childhood)
Baragund: ?? ss TT 9-10 black
Baragund’s wife: R? ss TT 4 ash/sandy blond
Morwen: R? ss TT 8 dark brown
Túrin: ?? ss TT 8 dark brown
Lalaeth: R? ss TT 4 diluted (light) blond
Nienor: R? ss TT 4 ash/sandy blond (diluted in childhood)

Since relations are hard to visualize on a list and many names are obscure, I'll post the family tree:
EDIT4: I don't know why you can't zoom in but it's in my Media files.
EDIT5: And it's just as tiny in my album, why did the forum shrink it? Sorry.

index.php

Last edited:
No worries about the size; I can see it well enough. I can also go through your list you've provided above and get back to you once I've worked out any differences of opinion. Caranthir seems a bit light to me, and I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the diluted red hair in his brothers. As I commented on the Media page, in this project, Ingwë is Indis' father, and his wife Iminyë is her mother. Ingwë is the First Elf of the Etymologies, and thus cannot have a sister (Executive decision). That doesn't mess up your assignments, though, so it's a minor detail. As for Maglor, I have no strong preference, but would like to give him a unique/distinctive hair color to help the audience out with this whole Seven Sons of Fëanor situation. Celegorm and Curufin are always a pair, so it's good that one of them is light-haired while the other is dark-haired. Maglor is always associated with Maedhros, so it should be easy enough to tell the two of them apart. The problem will be telling Maglor, Caranthir, and Curufin apart from each other, especially if they're all three dark-haired. So, if you want to make Maglor have some sort of distinctive dark grey hair to let him stand out..sure, why not? That's fine with me.

Caranthir: R? ss TT 8 dark brown --> R? Ss TT 9 raven-black or R? ss TT 9 black
He is 'Caranthir the dark' after all; it would be weird if he were less dark than Curufin and Fëanor and Finwë.

Ingwë: R? ss T? 0-4 gold
Iminyë: ?? ss T? 0-4 gold* (her hair color can change when she returns from Mandos)
Indis: R? ss Tt 3 deep gold

Here is Bre's original list of elven hair colors, also posted here in the Casting forum a couple of years ago:

The Eldar
The Noldor

• Most common: blue-grey eyes, dark hair, fair skin
  • "In many parts of the land [Beleriand] the Noldor and the Sindar became welded into one people"
  • "The Noldor had the greater power of mind and body. and were the mightier warriors and sages, and they built with stone, and loved the hill-slopes and open lands."
  • "Tall they were, fairskinned and grey-eyed, though their locks were dark."
House of Feanor
  • Finwe: Very black hair, bright blue-grey eyes
  • Miriel: Silver hair and dark eyes
  • Feanor: Black (raven-dark) hair, tall, fair of face, piercingly bright eyes.
  • Nerdanel: Hair color unknown, but most likely red due to father and son's red hair.
  • Mahtan: Auburn hair and a ruddy complexion; had a beard at an early age.
  • Maehdros: Was tall and comely, and had deep dark red hair. He lost his right hand when he was rescued from his imprisonment in Angband.
  • Maglor: Dark hair
  • Celegorm: Fair hair (blonde) color, fair skin
  • Caranthir: As black-haired as his paternal grandfather Finwë; red-skinned (like maternal grandfather)
  • Curufin: Black hair, he resembled his father, Fëanor, very much in the face.
  • Celebrimbor: ???
  • Amrod/Amras: Dark red hair
House of Fingolfin
  • Finwe: Very black hair, bright blue-grey eyes
  • Indis: (Finwe's Vanyar wife) Tall with golden hair, and in all ways unlike Miriel
  • Findis: ???
  • Fingolfin: Dark hair; eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar when he road off to challenge Morgoth; wore silver mail and helm that gleamed like a star, with a blue shield set with crystals. strongest/most steadfast
  • Anaire: ??? (Fingolfin's wife, assumed to be a Noldor based on children's traits)
  • Irime: ???
  • Fingon: Dark hair plaited/braided with gold.
  • Turgon: Tall
  • Elenwe: (Turgon's Vanyar wife) Golden-haired.
  • Idril Celebrindal: Inherited the Vanyar's golden hair. Named Celebrindal because she always went barefoot
  • Aredhel: Tall and strong. Called White Lady of the Noldor because she was pale, though her hair was dark, and she was never arrayed but in silver and white.
  • Eol: (Aredhel's Moriquendi/Sindar husband) Tall, dark, and grim Sindar. Stooped by his smithwork. Noble though grim of face. His eyes could see deep into shadows and dark places.
  • Maeglin: Eyes more piercing than even his father’s. Resembled in face and form rather his kindred the Noldor. He was tall and black-haired, yet bright and keen as the eyes of the Nolodor, and his skin was white.
  • Argon: Tallest of his brothers
House of Finarfin (Nolodr, Vanyar, and Teleri)
  • Finwe: Very lack hair, bright blue-grey eyes
  • Indis: (Finwe's Vanyar wife) Tall with golden hair, and in all ways unlike Miriel
  • Finarfin: Golden hair (from Vanyarian mother); fairest of his siblings
  • Earwen: (Finarfin's Teleri wife) Starlight silver hair
  • Finrod Felagund: Was a Noldor, but was in part Teleri and Vanyar, and inherited the golden hair of the Vanyar through his father’s mother. He was said to be like his father in face. Was the greatest but the youngest of the great lords of the Noldor (Fingolfin, Fingon, and Maedhros).
  • Amarie: ???
  • Angrod: Was a Noldor, but was in part Teleri and Vanyar, and inherited the golden hair of the Vanyar through his father’s mother.
  • Eldalote: ???
  • Orodreth: Dark hair
  • Findulias: Golden hair (from mystery mom or grandfather)
  • Gil-galhad:
  • Aegnor: Was a Noldor, but was in part Teleri and Vanyar, and inherited the golden hair of the Vanyar through his father’s mother. His hair was stiff and straight.
  • Galadriel: Identified as a Noldor, but was also part Teleri and Vanyar. She was the most beautiful of the House of Finwe with radiant gold-silver hair that captured the light of the Two Trees. She was unusually tall (6’ 4”) and strong.
  • Celeborn: (Galadriel's Sindar husband) A Sindar of Doriath with long silver hair. Based on his name’s etymology and his relation to Thingol, he was likely tall.
  • Celebrian: likely had fair hair like both of her parents.
Other (Some possible mixed with Teleri/Falathrim)
  • Glorfindel: Tall with long golden hair. Wore a mantle embroidered in golden celadine and vambraces with gold. (Not a vanyar for only one went into exile; Noldo who went into exile with Turgon)
  • Ecthelion: The lord of the House of the Fountain, he had the most beautiful voice and greatest flute talent of all the people of Gondolin.
  • Egalmoth: Wore a blue mantle with stars embroidered in crystal. Arrayed in many bright colors, with arms set with jewels.
  • Galdor: A Nolodorian elf who wore green
  • Duilin: Wore white, dark blue, purple, and black.
  • Salgant: Heavy and squat
  • Pengold: Tall
  • Rog: A great smith and craftsmen, who revered Aule. Had strong arms and their shields bore the emblem of a stricken anvil and a hammer with sparks about it. Reg gold and black iron.
  • Aranwe: (Noldor; father of Voronwe) Was of the House of Fingolfin either in service or by blood; thus was possibly a relative through Irime (Fingolfin's sister who went into exile with him).
  • Voronwe: Half-Sindar (Falathrim), half-Noldor. His mother was a of Cirdan's kin (through Thingol's brother Elmo?)
  • Guilin: (Father of Gelmir and Gwindor) ???
  • Gelmir: ???
  • Gwindor: Dark hair [???]. Before his captivity in Angnabd he was young and strong, but afterwards he seemed as one of the aged of mortal Men because of his torments and labors.
The Vanyar
  • The 'fair-elves'
  • Golden-haired, fair-skinned
House of Ingwe
  • Ingwe: Assumedly golden-haired
  • Indis: Tall with golden hair, and in all ways unlike Miriel
The Teleri
The Sindar ('The Grey Elves')

• All the Sindar save for those related to Melian either cited as having light hair (blonde/ silver/white) or their hair color is simply not mentioned.
House of Thingol
  • Thingol: Silver-grey hair and eyes like silver stars; was also the tallest of all elves
  • Melian: A Maiar who took on a physical form of her own choosing, but this form must have had dark hair. Among the Maiar of Lorien she was the most beautiful.
  • Luthien: Most beautiful of all the Children of Illuvatar. Eyes as grey as the starlit evening, hair as dark as the shadows of twilight.
  • Dior: Half Beorling, 1/4 Maiar, 1/4 Sindar. Known as 'the beautiful.'
  • Nimloth: Niece of Celeborn
  • Elwing: Half-elven. Fashioned white wings/was able to transform into a swan. Had to have dark hair in order for Arwen, Elladan, Elrohir to have dark hair.
  • Elured/Elurin: Half-elven.
  • Celeborn: (Galadriel's Sindar husband) A Sindar of Doriath with long silver hair. Based on his name’s etymology and his relation to Thingol, he was likely tall. [about equal in height to Galadriel]
  • Annael: ???
Other
  • Eol: Tall, dark, and grim Sindar. Stoopedby his smithwork. Noble though rim of face. His eyes could see deep into shadows and dark places.
  • Beleg Strongbow: Strong, enduring, farsighted in mind and eye.
  • Daeron: ???
  • Mablung: ???
  • Saeros:
  • Nellas:
  • Oropher:
  • Thranduil: Golden-haired
  • Legolas Greenleaf: ???
Alqualondë
  • Elmo: ???
  • Olwe: Long white hair and blue eyes
  • Earwen: Starlight silver hair
The Falathrim
  • Cirdan: very tall, silver hair, bearded in old age
  • Arminas:
  • Gelmir:
The Nandor
The Green-Elves of Ossirand

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the diluted red hair in his brothers.
It's because the Ambarussat started out with the same color but one became darker in adulthood. When that happens to Humans, it is because some of the dark color genes were suppressed (de-activated) by epigenetic markers (something to do with methylation) and then were re-activated later in life. I think it's very likely that when it happens to Elves it's the same thing. So I show both twins with a genotype for dark auburn or chestnut hair, but Amrod all his life had some of them de-activated and looked lighter.

The same mechanism is possible with any elf or human with light hair, and I recommend using it with Hurin and his daughters (although Hurin and Nienor would turn ash-blond in adulthood, Lalaeth died before that happened to her).

As for Maglor, I have no strong preference, but would like to give him a unique/distinctive hair color to help the audience out with this whole Seven Sons of Fëanor situation. Celegorm and Curufin are always a pair, so it's good that one of them is light-haired while the other is dark-haired. Maglor is always associated with Maedhros, so it should be easy enough to tell the two of them apart. The problem will be telling Maglor, Caranthir, and Curufin apart from each other, especially if they're all three dark-haired. So, if you want to make Maglor have some sort of distinctive dark grey hair to let him stand out..sure, why not? That's fine with me.
A grey color would help distinguish him visually, and I don't think Tolkien wrote one word about his appearance.

Caranthir: R? ss TT 8 dark brown --> R? Ss TT 9 raven-black or R? ss TT 9 black
He is 'Caranthir the dark' after all; it would be weird if he were less dark than Curufin and Fëanor and Finwë.
He was called Morifinwe due to his skin color. Tolkien in the rough draft said both that he was black-haired, and that he was brown-haired.

I had already incorporated Bre's list into my larger list, although I had to correct some errors she has. I mean, some of those look like guesses. Where was it said Orodreth had dark hair?

What do you think about my reasoning for ruling out the existence of the silver-red colors?

Last edited:
I'm a little suspicious about the role of red in golden blond, but at the same time, I'm fine with not having to account for silver-red, because it mostly looked ugly :p.

It would have opened the door to more 'fantasy' hair colors for the elves. We can go there if we want to, but I don't think we do.

Welcome to wigisfashion, a great place to get discount lace-front wigs if a) your head isn't too big and b) you don't mind waiting for them to ship from China. :D
https://www.wigisfashion.com/

So, here's their products as an illustration of the pigment distribution.
It looks like 3 of those images broke, MithLuin.

By the way, I like Bre's suggestion that Aranwe could be descended from Irime.

Last edited:
Back