Elves

I have no objections, on principle, to fanfic names. We might wait until we determine what role they'll play in the story, and then choose a name that's appropriate.

I would veto (as if I have that power!) Lalibye and and Irinseriel, only on the grounds of how Americans are likely to mispronounce those names.

We have a Quenya/Sindarin issue. Elves in Valinor should all have Quenya names (obviously). They are later known to history mostly by their Sindarin names, though, so in this project we're sticking to one-name-per-character-and-it's-the-one-in-the-published-Silmarillion.

So...should we give the wives Quenya or Sindarin names? (Here's looking at Eldalotë.)

The sons of Fëanor who were unmarried in the First Age in Middle Earth were Maedhros, Celegorm and Caranthir. So, yes, Maglor had a wife at some point, but when they married or whether or not she went into exile with him or what happened to her is completely unknown. Whether or not SilmFilm Maglor has a wife is, of course, debatable. If we never have any role or side story for her, then....she doesn't need to exist.

Also missing from this list is Saeros. We won't need him in Season 3, but establishing him as part of the court in Doriath might as well happen now. Daeron *has* to be this old; he can be younger. So, Saeros should be a 'maybe' for this Season, with the understanding that we're going to want him eventually.

Saeros added to the list as a maybe. Did you mean to imply, MithLuin, that the twins are supposed to be married? I think we could cut that, if so, especially as we're likely killing one of them at the Ships, unless we want an angry daughter-in-law haunting Feanor's last days...

Tolkien seems to have thought they were married, yes. But again - if we don't have a story, then they won't be. Also, the story of one of the twins dying at Losgar is a very late development. So, I mean...some adaptation is needed to include that.

The sons of Fëanor who were unmarried in the First Age in Middle Earth were Maedhros, Celegorm and Caranthir. So, yes, Maglor had a wife at some point, but when they married or whether or not she went into exile with him or what happened to her is completely unknown. Whether or not SilmFilm Maglor has a wife is, of course, debatable. If we never have any role or side story for her, then....she doesn't need to exist.

Also missing from this list is Saeros. We won't need him in Season 3, but establishing him as part of the court in Doriath might as well happen now. Daeron *has* to be this old; he can be younger. So, Saeros should be a 'maybe' for this Season, with the understanding that we're going to want him eventually.
I have Burn Gorman in mind as Saeros and Alfie Allen for Daeron.

89005b168a4d01a8d5b5c0bb505c942d.jpg

MV5BOThjZTVmODgtZGJhYi00ZTg0LThlODQtZmQyOWU4OWZjZWI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQxOTM1NTc@._V1_.jpg

03%2BAlfie%2BAllen%2Bas%2BIosef%2BTarasov.png

Now that I'm actually thinking about who to cast as him, I actually kinda want Daeron to be devastatingly handsome. Much more so than Beren. Alfie Allen is a fine actor, but I don't consider him attractive at all.

What do you think of Gorman as Saeros?

There's not much description of Daeron in the books. What I had in mind for Allen was when he rats out Beren and Luthien to Thingol.

I could see Gorman as Saeros.

And yeah, in the end it's a little hard to see Daeron as anything other than a weasel. I just still like the idea of him being handsome -- a touch of the pretty-boy (he is an elf in a magical forest kingdom, after all) -- and appealing at first look. I don't know if we'll go so far as to make him a tertiary villain, a jealous snitch, or merely a sympathetic, concerned but wrong-headed friend... but any of the three, he's going to be a contrast to Beren, and I'd like to visually depict that.

No endorsement whatsoever of their acting chops, but a former CW heartthrob like Ian Somerhalder or Chace Crawford, or even someone built like Kellan Lutz, could be interesting contrasted with a rough/unkempt/shaggy Beren.
b9c4159a419e262b4d5226a62a2faf6a.jpg
vfl7C9Fy_400x400.jpeg
Kellan-Lutz.jpg

American TV channel, specializing in teen soap opera shows. I know they have teenager vampire Twilight-knockoff, but they also have the DC shows Flash and Supergirl -- the later of which is actually pretty fun.

Back