Elves

I'm confused. We didn't nominate any teenage Fëanor actors. When we began the nominations I was under the impression there wasn't going to be split acting, but a really young actor and then an older one, who we did casting for. Then we said we needed a teenager and a solution came up to use a younger version of Armitage. I seem to have misunderstood, which is fine, but casting another actor now feels weird somehow.

I don't think we should use the same actor for young Fëanor and Curufin. That will be confusing.

We are not casting the younger Fëanor actor, just acknowledging that he would have to exist.

My suggestion is that whoever is cast as Curufin could be used as Fëanor in S2Ep7...but if that's really distasteful to people, obviously it can be some unknown who happens to look like a young Armitage.

'Distasteful' would be a too strong expression for what I feel about it but I'd like to see two different actors. I think your idea to assume that an unknown actor plays young Fëanor is fine.

We could enhance the feeling of likeness between Fëanor and Curufin by making his other sons more like Nerdanel, perhaps? If that's possible.

Now I don't mean to stop all discussion. I just think that the points are stated and that we should focus on coming up with more actors and actresses here.

Knowing we'll have some red-headed elves to cast this coming season, may I suggest:

Sean Berdy (aged 23) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1678587/?ref_=nmmi_mi_nm
He's young, might work as one of the twins?
MV5BMjExODQ0NTA2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjcwNDYxOTE@._V1_.jpg

Jacob Blair (aged 32) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2811073/?ref_=nmmi_mi_nm
Maybe for Maedros?
MV5BMTQ1ODM4OTQ0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE0Mjc3Nw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

I've not seen "Switched at Birth" (an ABC Family series), but it's won a Peabody, and Berdy's been on that for 6 (?) years.

Blair is from "The Pinkertons", about the famous Wild West detectives.

It had come up as an idea in this thread.

In that Daeron should be more "attractive," but the characters are not related except in that they exist in the same story and their personal interaction is comparatively limited. I think they can be successfully cast with that in mind without having to consider them inseparable, Especially considering how much time we have before we get to them.

So when we cast Daeron, should we have a potential Beren in mind as a foil?
I think, more than assigning them as a unit, we just need to decide the contrast we want in mind: refined/rough, pretty-boy/wild man, etc.

Now, this might be too radical, considering he's never been in GoT or Vikings, but I like the look of Aaron Tveit if we want to go with a softer sort for Daeron. He's got Broadway singing chops, so that's a plus.
MV5BODA2MjM0NTI4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTM1MTg5MjE@._V1_.jpg

Edited to add:

Another Broadway star, possible for Maglor is Aaron Lazar. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1594381/?ref_=nmmi_mi_nm

MV5BMTkyMDQ2NTcxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM1MTQ4ODE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Back