Elves

We should have cast coster waldau for one of our elder elves... Now ir's prob. Too late... I din't see him as one of the aman- born generation.

No I think he has to be a human man. Why not Halbarad? Sorry OT
images

I like him. I wish we had given him a role earlier. He's close to fifty, and while he is well preserved, I don't think he's right for the elves of the coming generations. He could play some man, though.
On the other hand, we have Luke Goss as Mablung. He's 49.

But in our adaption mablung is one of the older elves... Old comrade od thingols' so the actors age corresponds with that interpretation.

This young man is definitely a promising actor. In my opinion, his performance is quite captivating and has a sort of..."presence". I'd like to put him up for consideration as Maeglin. The quiet, calculating, brooding kid with a keen mind, sharp eye, and talent for smithcraft? Yeah, I'm pretty positive he can deliver. Also, he has a background in singing, dancing, fencing, and stunts. So, I mean, at the very least he's got range.

816d5a2c1f8964817af74de705c438ac.jpg

Alex Høgh Andersen

This young man is definitely a promising actor. In my opinion, his performance is quite captivating and has a sort of..."presence". I'd like to put him up for consideration as Maeglin. The quiet, calculating, brooding kid with a keen mind, sharp eye, and talent for smithcraft? Yeah, I'm pretty positive he can deliver. Also, he has a background in singing, dancing, fencing, and stunts. So, I mean, at the very least he's got range.

View attachment 1314

Alex Høgh Andersen
I can definitely see him as Maeglin!

I would like to suggest:

Emerald Fennell for adult Idril (she was nominated for Elenwe)

And all the actresses who were nominated for Luthien could potentially play Elwing. I especially like Phillipa Soo and Anne Hathaway.

And all the actresses who were nominated for Luthien could potentially play Elwing. I especially like Phillipa Soo and Anne Hathaway.

I was just looking at photos of the actress cast as Arwen, and I could see her as a granddaughter of Phillipa Soo. I think it's the shape of their faces: a little softer and rounder than a lot of other people cast as Elves. It's subtle, but kind of a nice carry-through if the casting ended up going that way.

Back