Emeldir

D

Deleted member 207

Not sure how deep this conversation has gone with Emeldir (still doing catch up).

But she ends up in Brethil. And canonically I don't think we hear from her again.

But to get from Nargathrond to Tol-In-Gaurhoth you either have to skirt pretty close to, or literally go through, Brethil.

Surely it makes great drama for Beren to see his mum one last time, no? Or maybe even not a last time.

Or Luthien. I am obsessed with the idea of a discussion between Luthien and Emeldir. Bechdel test all over the place there guys.

Both held positions of power in male dominated society's. Emeldir's epithet is literally based on the fact she is comparable to a man. There's some really interesting discussions to be had between women about what female strength looks like. And Luthien literally having a powerful voice.

Where is Emeldir headed in season 5? Are we thinking she will be recurring (or at least featured) moving forward? Cos I feel those plans need discussing now for future stories

Not sure how deep this conversation has gone with Emeldir (still doing catch up).

But she ends up in Brethil. And canonically I don't think we hear from her again.

But to get from Nargathrond to Tol-In-Gaurhoth you either have to skirt pretty close to, or literally go through, Brethil.

Surely it makes great drama for Beren to see his mum one last time, no? Or maybe even not a last time.

Or Luthien. I am obsessed with the idea of a discussion between Luthien and Emeldir. Bechdel test all over the place there guys.

Both held positions of power in male dominated society's. Emeldir's epithet is literally based on the fact she is comparable to a man. There's some really interesting discussions to be had between women about what female strength looks like. And Luthien literally having a powerful voice.

Where is Emeldir headed in season 5? Are we thinking she will be recurring (or at least featured) moving forward? Cos I feel those plans need discussing now for future stories
The latest we might see Emeldir is the aftermath of the Nirnaeth in F.A. 472-473, since we might pay a visit to Brethil where Gloredhel wife of Haldir learns of her husband's fall in the Nirnaeth and dies of grief. After that point we don't have any talk of Brethil until F.A. 495, when Handir son of Haldir is KIA by Orcs on the outskirts of Glaurung's force against Nargothrond.

Now a suggestion for early Season 7: Emeldir and the refugees from Dorthonion are fleeing into Brethil after the Dagor Bragollach. The Haladin show up to rescue the refugees, but they're having trouble until the Sindar led by Beleg and Mablung sweep in. This would be the same engagement where Húrin and Huor are separated from the Haladin and have to be rescued by the Eagles.

Oh well fair enough. I just think she’s so interesting an nuanced that it’s be a shame to lose her

Back