Epic battels

I discovered last night that I can indeed attempt—and fail hard—to retake Pelargir. I think I also need some help :p

I'd be glad to help NotACat. Although, given I'm 8 hours behind, that means on the weekend. Chances are you can find help before then :).

It sounds like there might be some interest in doing EB at scale. Maybe we should try and organize some 3,6,12 person battles?

Me too my cat man!
Although guys i have bad new:(
One of my other alts (Gaivin my mini) is very nearly at the EB's in helms deep.
Was thinking that as Gravidy has mentioned as there seams to be some interest in doing the larger groups that i would offer him up for those.
What do you chaps think can we get people together for some bigger runs? if we aim for 6 man i think we can do that.
When would be best for everyone?
I'm pretty easy on the time front as i am almost a modem day hermit! (i really dislike the odd summer we are having all this sunshine and heat)
lets get a list of times together and pass the word out to others and dont forget your other kins if they want to come too.

> When would be best for everyone?

I am available 9pm - 2am on weekdays and noon - 3am on weekends. Those times are server time (ET in the U.S.).

In UTC those times are 1am - 5am weekdays, and 4pm - 7am on weekends. (wow, those times are inconvenient, I'm going to have to move east ;)).

Sounds like fun! I am normally available weekdays and Saturday 7pm - 10pm cept Tuesdays and Fridays. and Sunday 3pm to 10 pm. Also server time....

I am generally available between 7pm and 10pm weekdays (which is currently 2pm–5pm server time, I think) and between 6pm and midnight on Saturdays (1pm–7pm s.t.). Sundays are a bit up in the air right now but I usually get on for an hour or two leading up to 10pm (5pm s.t.).

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not own the Helm's Deep expansion yet so I would only be eligible for Pelargir and whatever starts the MT chain until I unlock some more, presumably by not failing them :p

I'll keep eyes peeled for this, as well. I do enjoy the BBs, especially on Daerin (who has a bit of experience into them). My availability is rather similar to Fin's during the week, and not far from Gravidy's on the weekend. It appears like the best time to try and get something together is the weekend afternoon (for us)/evening (for Phil), if I do not mistake.

Yes I am thinking that Saturday evenings will be best.
Do people have a date that they are thinking or are we all about most weekends?

I'm about most weekends—having said which there is apparently an event this coming weekend which might well distract us all, namely the DHS taking Sapience's Hobbit to Isengard again :cool:

I think it would be nice to have a list of people to look out for with the possibility of simply jumping in. It didn't take me too long to fail Pelargir on my only attempt so far, so I'm assuming that the time commitment is not extreme, and it won't be necessary to wait for everybody to gather before just having a go? I seem to be very bad at finding anyone to do group content with me (aside from the astonishing kindness of the people who helped me with the Scavenger Hunts, I think I have managed one Duo Skirmish ever, and apart from that one time I have only done solo Chicken Play so far) so anything would be better than nothing for me!

I am always logged into Discord, so even if I'm not very good at setting my availability flag (a more reliable indicator is whether it says I'm playing LOTRO :rolleyes: ) leaving a message there will always reach me. As for reaching me in-game, my signature here is current for the servers shown (I have a couple of lowbies created for LP runs with Earthlynn and I'm conflicted about whether to keep them :confused: so I haven't added them yet) and if anybody is kind enough to send me a tell, I have nothing in progress that can't be dropped :D

Saturday sounds good to. My biggest problem when these types of things are trying to be put together, is that I play mostly my Toons (on Lanroval) that are not in Mythguard. So I need to remember to log into Discord to see if anything is going on.

Saturday works for me as well. I'll be around this coming Saturday, either as Helting or Hurstor, both in Mythgard. I'm even more online on Discord (as Gravidy).

It was some much fun as a group I may be starting to like them:)
Next weekend?

I really enjoyed them too. I find the voice chat with everybody adds a lot. Not just for coordination, it's also fun to hear the occasional "aww crap" as well (like when we never killed the bosses fast enough).

I'd love to do the group content regularly. I'm unsure if I can make it next weekend, and then I'm out the follow two weekends on some summer vacation.

Don't worry if next weekend isn't good for people then we can do some other time I'm about every weekend till the end of august as real life isn't happening at the min and LOTRO is a good pain killer!!
Just look out for Giving I'm trying to get him to 105 to go into Mordor so I'm on him alot.
I really enjoyed them too. I find the voice chat with everybody adds a lot. Not just for coordination, it's also fun to hear the occasional "aww crap" as well (like when we never killed the bosses fast enough).
I love that too and why do you only get like 10 seconds to kill a guy with more health then all of you put together!

Summer has been great, even with the incredible disruption to middle-earth activities.

I'm definitely up for more EBs, or any other type of regularly-scheduled group content. Saturday seemed to work given our geographic diversity (although, this saturday is out for me, as summer isn't quite over yet :cool:). But, I am generally available either Saturday or Sunday usually for many hours between noon and midnight server time.

Howdy all,
Hope we have had a good summer!
Yes, indeed. I have a second character who has reached 45 and is in the process of obtaining a Legendary Weapon, so I'm in the painful position of having choose whether to wait until I have the LP to unlock Angmar, charge into Angmar without waiting, or go completely mad and hit Moria without finishing Volume I. :confused: I was rather hoping that I could do it all for the first time in the proper order but at the same time I would like to experience some of the newer parts of the game for myself :D
Are people still up for EB fun?
I'm always up for a bit of LOTRO fun, with the continuing restriction of not having access to the Helm's Deep expansion yet. So if anybody wants to rehash the other EBs and would like a bit of company, I'd welcome the opportunity.

Back