Estel

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, for the frame narrative we obviously need someone to play young Aragorn. One suggestion is Logan Lerman. In case we cast him I'd like to use him both in the younger version and, later on, in the young adult version. Any other ideas?
upload_2015-8-11_8-4-49.jpegupload_2015-8-11_8-4-30.jpeg

I like the idea.... maybe Logan as a teenager Estel, and Asa Butterfield as a child? A younger Estel?

Hugo+Cabret+3D+Paris+Premiere+Photocall+KuVXYVbf25tm.jpg

I like Asa Butterfield as Estel. I feel like Logan Lerman might be too old, though he'd be good later on. I guess I'm not sure exactly how old Estel is supposed to look in Season 1. I was watching Jurassic World the other night and the thought struck me that Ty Simpkins might be a good young Estel.
ty-simpkins-exclusive-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Be sure to move your nominations to the NOMINATIONS forum. That's the source for the casting poll we'll be creating.

I like the idea.... maybe Logan as a teenager Estel, and Asa Butterfield as a child? A younger Estel?

Hugo+Cabret+3D+Paris+Premiere+Photocall+KuVXYVbf25tm.jpg
Oh no, Asa B is 18 years old...

EDIT: Ty Simpkins is 15. Also a bit too old.

Last edited:
Oh no, Asa B is 18 years old...

EDIT: Ty Simpkins is 15. Also a bit too old.

He is 18? I thought he was younger, like five years younger at least.

I am not sure about Pierce Gagnon, there is something missing and it's not the eyes, I do not know what it is, so I know I do not have a strong argument.

He is 18? I thought he was younger, like five years younger at least.

I am not sure about Pierce Gagnon, there is something missing and it's not the eyes, I do not know what it is, so I know I do not have a strong argument.
Maybe this picture isn't perfect. I think he'd be good. It's not like there are hundreds and hundreds of kids who can act and are also on the IMDb, but let's post those we can find. :)

You know how Haley Joel Osmet got *every* serious/weird role that required a child for a few years (The Sixth Sense, AI, Pay It Forward)? He mostly got the parts because he read the scripts and they knew he could do it. Talented 10 year olds are more rare than parents who think they have talented 10 year olds. ;) But, it's also the case that he was in Forrest Gump. So.....huge foot in the door and opportunity for him. He was the only kid they knew to ask about! (Dakota Fanning is similar)

In real life? Hold auditions and advertise heavily. The best candidate is unlikely to have much prior experience or to be on imdb. Since we're stuck....pick a franchise with child actors and go with it.

The kid who plays Carl on 'The Walking Dead' was 10 when he was cast....he's 16 now, though. He has a younger brother....don't know if that kid is into acting at all, though.

I think that one of the issues here is that there are few child actors in general, and from those, few who would have the talent and/or the essence of a child Aragorn.

Agreed - it would mostly boil down to local child talent wherever the sets for Rivendell would be. I don't think there's much point in actually casting the role, but of course as this whole project is a fantasy game, there's no reason not to just pick someone anyway.

Back