Faces of Middle Earth

Yeah, at this point, we've already cast Maeglin's parents. So, child of Mark Strong and Charlotte Riley, if I recall correctly.

Maeglin won't get any good fight scenes, though. Bor, or his sons, on the other hand...they'll play an important role in the Nirnaeth.

I would have cast him as an Elf... this opportunity now is over.

I know we have had an Asian actor nominated for an elf in the past. Perhaps Ecthelion? Someone who wasn't directly related to our main characters. I agree with you that he has an 'ageless elf' thing going on. (Seriously, try to guess his age from the photo....) We still have Gil-galad left to cast, though he has to be a son of Orodreth.

Yeah, at this point, we've already cast Maeglin's parents. So, child of Mark Strong and Charlotte Riley, if I recall correctly.

Maeglin won't get any good fight scenes, though. Bor, or his sons, on the other hand...they'll play an important role in the Nirnaeth.

I know we have had an Asian actor nominated for an elf in the past. Perhaps Ecthelion? Someone who wasn't directly related to our main characters. I agree with you that he has an 'ageless elf' thing going on. (Seriously, try to guess his age from the photo....) We still have Gil-galad left to cast, though he has to be a son of Orodreth.
Yes, Maeglin will be the son of Mark Strong (Eol) and Charlotte Riley (Aredhel).

Maeglin has maybe one good one-on-one fight scene with Tuor, plus he participates in the Nirnaeth. I don't intend for that final duel to be a Curb-Stomp Battle by any means.

Leehom Wang (Professor Olson's old college classmate) was nominated for Ecthelion starting with Season 4.

Last edited:
Mr. Lin would have gotten my vote as Manwe, I think he is just too damn gorgeous to be a regular schlubby man of the Second Age.

Edit: Oh dang, Mark strong would be pretty excellent Eol. I'd probably ask him to lose like 40 pounds of muscle, but I bet he'd do it if I was real polite.

Tststs Khamul a regular schlubbyman.I hope we will NOT portrait Khamûl that way!

Manwe ... would have been an interesting choice, also given the fact this is a mortal Combat actor and Manwe is a pacifist who (almost) never fights.

Alright, y'all have convinced me, he's more elf-like than human-like. And while we do have elves to cast down the line, our Eärendil will be blond and our Gil-galad will have a blond father, so Maeglin is worth a shot. If people think he's too outside the box to fit, that's fine; we can always nominate him for something else later. I figured, start now, see where we go, he'll probably still be 'available' when we get to Khamul, so no harm done. And if he is chosen for a role at some point, we can tweet it at him :p

How much will we see of young Gwindor? My guess is we will see more of the Gwindor who,looks like one ofvthe old among men...

How much will we see of young Gwindor? My guess is we will see more of the Gwindor who,looks like one ofvthe old among men...
Well, we could have him show up in Nargothrond when Beren goes there to request Finrod’s help (and maybe as a subplot have his betrothal to Finduilas), he insists on leading the company of Elves from Nargothrond, he then leads the first charge at the Nirnaeth by going on a rampage when his brother Gelmir is killed in front of him, even making it to the doors of Angband before being captured, and possibly a flashback to how he escaped from Angband.

Tststs Khamul a regular schlubbyman.I hope we will NOT portrait Khamûl that way!

Manwe ... would have been an interesting choice, also given the fact this is a mortal Combat actor and Manwe is a pacifist who (almost) never fights.
Actors are more than a single role.

I know close to zero where that character is going...
He's been around for awhile; he showed up last season (for instance he participated in beating back Glaurung at the close of last season) and will likely be at Fingon's side until the Nirnaeth. Since Fingon falls in that battle and all of Mithrim and Hithlum subjugated I don’t expect Elhrun to survive for much longer.

Unless… we have him escape to Cirdan and have him as a replacement for Gelmir (the one who isn’t the dismembered brother of Gwindor), the traveling companion of Arminas.

Last edited:
Is he the character i originally supposed to be called Findobar? The one of whom some people might think he's secretly Fingon's boyfriend?

Is he the character i originally supposed to be called Findobar? The one of whom some people might think he's secretly Fingon's boyfriend?
What do you mean? I thought Fingon was more interested in Maedhros (maybe) and that you thought Findobar was more around Finrod… except that Finrod has a fiancé on the other side of the ocean.

Back