Faceswaps

Haerangil

I have a problem /question:

I started to download pictures of our actors, or to be honest, my dreamcast which isn't 100% always who we chose for the roles...

To be able to remember who our characters are

Then i started to do faceswaps so i could better imagine what the cast would actually look like in costume and mask.

Now i don't know what to do with it.I cannot legally publish them anywhere as far as i can see as these are real people plus i do not have the rights to the original artwork i butchered...
I still think they could be of some use in case we ever start making actual storyboards...

So what do i do with them? I can still keep them formyself as i plan to do better pencil and charcoal drawings of the cast my self, but i still wonder... people on the board may still be interested in them?

Were you using the work of various Silm artists?

This stuff gets abused like crazy in meme format. Perhaps use lower-resolution version of the edited picture? Doesn't need to be gloriously 4K.

Where did the artwork generate? I mean, as long as you aren’t asking money for it I really can’t see it matters at all. If you know who created the artwork, it might be nice to just credit the original artists (or at very least, say what elements aren’t yours). But frankly, even cutting and pasting is creation, so the final product is yours. Plus, if the art was shared freely online there’s very little right in terms of sharing or using for other purposes. But still nice to pay homage where possible. And anyway, on a forum it wouldn’t matter; I’m sure nobody would mind. But yes, I’d like to see

No i do not know who made the original art, i googled illustrations that seemed best fitting for the purpose. I couldn't use Anastasias and Bre's work because it's the wrong format... i still think i have most of it somewhere and hope to incorporate it at a possible later stage when i'll do proper pencil/charcoal drawings on my own. It's also mostly not about the costumes ... i wanted to see basically how would they look in a whig and with pointy ears and prostetics...

If you found on google go for it. It really depends what you wanted to use it for but if it’s just personal fancasting there’s no problem I can see. It’s 80% of deviantart lol

Allright, i will not post them on the forum but if anyone wants to have a brief look i'll post a link to a flickr albummwhere i uploaded ca. Half of it...https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzwujb

Ai is amazing nowadays.At last it looks interesting.The vala outfits are mostly pretty far off from what Bre and Anastasia designed, but the elves often get quite close.Personally i'd use smaller ears and a less tribal look for the wild elves but that's how they turned out...

I also don't see this as finished artworks but more of an in-between-step for possible future work.I don't hope the costume design and everything else is finished, not even for past seasons, just because we've already come to season 5 now.

I cannot speak for artists (though I did recognize some of the work you borrowed).

I do understand how this is a research step - trying to visualize a particular face with a particular costume/makeup look, and then using this to make a sketch. I think that is helpful, as not everyone can picture how a particular actor or actress would look like as the characters we've cast them as. And obviously there is value to these images, even if you don't get all the sketches made.

So, I thank you for sharing - it was interesting to take a look!

And yes, we encourage people to continue contributing artwork, costume designs, etc for past seasons. The project continues to move forward, but we do not close the book on the artwork or past contributions!

Back