Feanoreans

I was thinking Blunt has a slightly square face, which might show in the twins and Caranthir. Otherwise, I agree that they stand out as different.

One thing I'm not so happy with is that Berdy looks very much younger. What do you think, is that a problem or actually something good?

One thing I'm not so happy with is that Berdy looks very much younger. What do you think, is that a problem or actually something good?
I'm starting to think that would be a problem. Especially if we want to leave open the possibility of killing one of the twins at the Shipburning. Killing someone who looks like a young teenager would be very different than killing a young, but full grown, man. His reasons for still being on the Ship, too, would inescapably look different. It would be really easy for it to look immature/rash/petulant, which I don't think any of us want.

Maybe Douglas Booth as the twins?
upload_2017-4-11_12-54-32.jpeg
images

Last edited:
I haven't seen him act, but here's an alternative for Caranthir: upload_2017-4-11_13-10-52.jpeg
He looks kind of...too nice, perhaps? Or we could think in terms of casting against type.
Oh here's another picture, showing a different side:
images

Ah, he's been in The Borgias... Then I guess he can play ruthless...
images

His name is Charlie Carrick, by the way.

...Maybe I'm also coming around to Kevin Zegers and Zac Efron as the twins. I don't really know their acting, though.

On the other hand, the twins are pretty small roles. Especially if one of them dies pretty early on. They could basically almost be extras with a few lines.

So will we kill one off early?
I'm in favor of it, obviously, but we won't really know until we get into the individual episodes outline sessions. I'm thinking the Shipburning will probably happen about midseason (?), so... if we don't take any breaks between seasons, we should decide that around... the end of July?

Basically, it comes down to this: in some of the unpublished materials (MithLuin can tell you all the details), Amrod remains hidden on one of the Ships when Feanor burns them, either because he didn't want to sleep on the ground on the shore or because he wished to return to Valinor. It's not in the published Silmarillion, obviously, but we've incorporated/changed things before, so, up to us.

It was someting Tolkien wrote late in life, right? And he didn't incorporate it into the stories that follow? I think that's why Christopher Tolkien chose not to include it in the PubSil. I can't remember what Dr O has said about this, if he's expressed a clear opinion. This seems to be the sort of thing he likes to have the final word about.

Last edited:
It was someting Tolien wrote late in life, right? And he didn't incorporate it into the stories that follow? I think that's why Christopher Tolkien chose not to include it in the PubSil. I can't remember what Dr O has said about this, if he's expressed a clear opinion. This seems to be the sort of thing he likes to have the final word about.
Yes, it's later. I think from around the same time as the Andreth/Finrod debate?

Yeah, like I said, I think this will be a session-cast decision. I'm just posting my firm support of including it, and admitting that's going to influence my thinking about the character and his casting.

That's Armie Hammer, Aaron Lazer, Douglas Booth, Matt Bomer, Ben Aldridge, Kevin Zegers, and Zac Efron, for the record.

Back