Feanoreans

Matt Bomer is something like 39 or 40? I'm not sure. Something about him makes me hesitant...
Yeah, he would be older... but this is Hollywood, and elves. Lee Pace is younger than Orlando Bloom, but visually it worked having them be father/son (as many problems I have with PJ's Hobbit films, cast -- with a few significant exceptions -- isn't one of them)

Yeah, he would be older... but this is Hollywood, and elves. Lee Pace is younger than Orlando Bloom, but visually it worked having them be father/son (as many problems I have with PJ's Hobbit films, cast -- with a few significant exceptions -- isn't one of them)
Good point. I just have to take a look at some more pictures of Bomer before I make up my mind. Again, we have the time...

I guess Bomer is ok. I haven't seen his acting, but he has been in a few movies that I recognise... Caranthir is a character that isn't very big in PubSil, but could be expanded in our project. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm going to use some of all that time we have to keep looking for an alternative to Bomer. :)

I guess Bomer is ok. I haven't seen his acting, but he has been in a few movies that I recognise... Caranthir is a character that isn't very big in PubSil, but could be expanded in our project. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm going to use some of all that time we have to keep looking for an alternative to Bomer. :)

As of right now, we have already added at least one scene to the Caranthir role, so this is certainly true.

Well, I see Marielle has taken my request for 'pretty' elves to heart!

As far as the death of the twins goes, that version of the story appears in 'The Shibboleth of Fëanor', which is definitely later material. It is where we get the name Ambarussa, and is also where we get the story of Fëanor requesting locks of Galadriel's hair. However, the part with the fate of the twins is nearly an afterthought. Tolkien did not finish writing it (it's more a snippet than anything).

In general, Corey Olsen prefers the early material to the late material. In general, I prefer the late material to the early material. So, the published Silmarillion tends to be where we find our common ground.

Dave Kale is in favor of cutting some of these extraneous elves. And Corey Olsen has voted to add drama by making sure there are some significant deaths in these events (which are described so distantly in the published Silmarillion). Chances are high they will like the idea of killing off one of the twins now. But, that hasn't been discussed or decided yet.

He's mostly been in supporting roles, such as the ruthless assassin John Boy in The Nice Guys and Matthew Cullen in The Magnificent Seven.

Matt Bomer is the main character in the TV show White Collar. Do you remember Leonardo diCaprio's character in Catch Me if You Can? He's basically that guy, picking up where the film left off. The premise of White Collar is that a con man/art thief assists the FBI in catching (other) thieves.

Here are a few brief clips:

I haven't actually watched the show, but I am biased to like him - one of my brothers is a mix between that guy and Dexter, so....
[My brother uses his powers for good, though.]

Last edited:
Well, sure, both Dexter and Neal have 'use their powers for good' vibes to them...but....

I should clarify that my brother does not go around picking people off like some sort of psychotic mass murderer from Death Note. Rather, he is a drug rehab counselor. So, he cons people into thinking he cares about them and getting their lives back together. A worthy use of his ability to convince people of things that are blatantly not true (he's mostly Irish, you see....)

But in my brother's case, when he met his gf's father, and the father started talking about how swamps were a good place to hide bodies, my brother joined in the conversation with relish, to the point that it was a running gag that when he offered to take his gf somewhere, she had to ask, 'Is it a good place to hide a body?' and he would invariably say, 'Yes.'

They broke up, but I'm sure it was for unrelated reasons.

Last edited:
A few more names for the twins, stolen from the Elladan/Elrohir threads...
Robert and Jason Schwartzman:
MV5BMTQ5Njg2NTQ0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTAzMDQ5OTE@._V1_UY317_CR47,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
upload_2017-5-5_15-36-51.jpeg

Cole and Dylan Sprouse:
upload_2017-5-5_15-37-59.jpeg

Shawn and Aaron Ashmore:
3d84292e0d2f423acb66ba375d2b595e.jpg

Also with hair color; how much variation will we have?

Red: Maedhros, Amrod, Amras
Dark: Maglor, Caranthir (it's in the name Caranthir the Dark), Curufin (since he's the spitting image of Feanor)
Blond: Celegorm?

Perhaps Maedhros should have a darker shade of red, closer to auburn and Celegorm's hair color has been all over the place in description.

Celegorm's hair color has been all over the place in description.
I foundf this summary of the situation:
http://askmiddlearth.tumblr.com/post/74998091088/celegorms-hair

Taking a look at the options:
1. Celegorm's hair is blond. This will make some people wonder, 'how did that happen exactly - nobody else in his family is a blonde?'
2. Celegorm has dark hair. This will make people say, 'hey, he's supposed to have fair hair, what are you thinking?'
3. He has light brown hair, which might work, but has the same problem as 1), only smaller.
4. He has red hair which is close to blond. (Maehdros has the darkest red colour, Celegorm the fairest, and the twins somewhere in between.
5. Any of the above, but he just has really great hair, which could be taken as 'fair'.

I think 3) or 4) could work. I guess 5) is not really a serious suggestion.

I think we could get away with giving Celegorm fair hair. I don't think much about genetics and hair color when it comes to TV, unless two blondes have a dark-haired kid. Am I weird, or is that something that audiences don't really care about?

Also, who's to say that elven genetics work exactly like human, anyway?

well my mother is brunette (actually very dark blonde but looks almost brown) and my father red haired... while i'm dark to middle blonde (much lighter when a lot in the sun) so it could actually work..

Last edited:
I guess we're not really opposed in this matter... what is the difference between 'dark blonde' and 'light brown'? But what I want to avoid is (and especially since we have some extra time to spend on this) that we go 'oh whatever' and just don't care.
I don't agree that we can say that elven genetics works in a different way than human in the case of hair colour. It's obvious when reading Tolkien and we've been treating the issue that way all along, think of Mahtan and Nerdanel, the red hair of some of her sons etc.

Back