Finding the Session Slides

Timdalf

This may have been covered and is buried deep in the unraveled threads of the past .... I am saving Tony Meade's Session Summaries, and would like to do the same for the Session slides of the excerpts covered in each session. Are they all in one place? or is there an index as there is for Tony's Summaries? For example if I have Session 114 on YouTube and click the link below it I get sent to the slides for Session 106... That can't be right... Any advice?
Signed: Puzzled in Paradise
PS: A note about this (if an index exists or if the slides are available, a link or directions how to find them) on the webpage for the course, would be most helpful...
There is a monster link below each of the YouTube videos that promises the slides but yields not results.

Last edited:
PS: Well, having not seen any response I have gone ahead and screen captured the PPt slides for 150 Sessions so far.

Last edited:
Since the slides are basically the whole book typed out, it is questionable if it would be legal to display them for open public access. I think a list of page references would be allowed (session XX covers page YY), but different printings would have different page numbers. I think the most useful reference, one that doesn't exist that I know of but that would be attainable, would be a list of which sessions cover which chapters.

That consideration has indeed crossed my mind (assuming the entire book does actually get covered before the end of the next millennium!). ;) I have no idea if "publishing" thus the complete text broken up into the segments corresponding to each Session would be considered "fair use" or some copyright violation. But knowing exactly which chunk of text is under consideration is essential to following the Summaries. I have reassembled all the Summary texts by Tony Meade into one single MS Word file with each Session headed by its page numbers as you suggest. Up to Session 50 Prof Corey uses some undesignated text's pagination that I don't have (after # 50 he dropped giving page numbers). Since I have the 2004 50th Anniversary edition (with text as corrected by Hammond and Scull), I have included for each Session those page numbers with equivalents to those listed by Prof Corey. I also inserted Chapter numbers and titles... I have an extra copy of the 50th Anniv edition in which I have penciled the start and stop of every PPt segment. By the way, Hammond and Scull in their blog recently considered the problem of finding a perfect text and they covered the seemingly innumerable pagination variations found in the various Harper Collins and Houghton Mifflin editions. So it seems impossible to solve the problem of text reference by any means other than quoting the actual segments. Which, as you say, may be illegal, immoral, and impossible in the end!!

Last edited:
In response to your request, Big Mike, for a coordination of discussion Sessions with the book chapters see the Forum on "Let's Talk about the Course" for my posting entitled "Statistics" which I just posted.

Last edited:
Back