Funny story about last summer's Signum Path Announcement

Croaker

I've suddenly found myself several months behind in the Exploring The Lord of the Rings (2020 being a year time flowed oddly) and just came across Corey's announcement for Signum path.

How he initially introduced the concept (and I mean, in the opening SECONDS), my mind instantly leapt to using the creative arts studied in Signum and Mythgard to creatively improving business functions, like marketing. I was excited (still in the opening seconds of his announcement) because I had just started using skills I had learned from Corey to improve a work function.

I work in the advertising department for a multi-state retailer, and one of my functions is to write the radio commercials. When consulting with an agency recently, someone observed that my passion for my work was not coming through in my commercials at all. I stepped back and realized my commercials had become rather stale and blah and to be honest, sucked!

How to reinvigorate my copy??? How to convey the passion in a 30 second commercial when I still had to get product and price in there? In December, I had to write commercials for a couple of women's jackets, and another for bird seed, and a couple different boots, and a few others since.

So what did I do? I applied something I learned from Corey.

I started reading poetry. I read dozens of poems - slowly, carefully, like Corey has taught us in Exploring the Lord of the Rings. Poems about camp fires and bird watching and all sorts of things. And my new commercials are a quantum leap better, telling much more interesting stories, than before. (Advertising is storytelling).

And still in the opening seconds of Corey's announcement, I wondered if they were going to offer classes that talked about using poetry for better copywriting for advertising??

Of course, I quickly realized he meant core skills like, you know, how to communicate (trust me, a much needed skill that needs to be taught). I laughed at my silliness... and also am hoping to eventually connect my HR department with Signum.

Back