Gardens of Lórien and Lake Lorellin with The Isle of Estë

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking that these are landscape gardens with both vast open areas and close, intimate, green rooms, and lots of ponds and bridges, kind of like some chinese or japanese traditional gardens. Somewhere in the middle is the calm lake of Lorellin, and in it the Isle of Estë, which is accessible either by a wooden bridge or stepping stones. On the isle, there are trees creating green rooms where Estë sleeps and gives guests rest.

Last edited:
What if the bridge to the island was just under the surface of the water, so that those crossing would almost seem to walk across the surface of the lake.

The bridge will probably be unnecessary in season one, but when the elves arrive, they'll need it.

IMAGE6.JPG
stock-photo-chinese-old-style-stone-circular-table-and-chairs-in-a-garden-in-china-31424644.jpg
images
06-10-02s-117.jpg
images
photo_me-ritsurin_01_m.jpg
images
13185980-The-Shinto-shrine-seen-amongst-the-blossoms-at-the-Japanese-Hill-and-Pond-Garden-at-the-Brooklyn-Bot-Stock-Photo.jpg

I will never get tired of torii gates. I have never seen one, plain, painted, or fabulously ornate, that didn't look completely rad.

I agree that they are really cool, but I don't really imagine too many structures in the gardens of Lorien - mostly natural features with maybe some discrete benches or something. And a bridge.

I agree that they are really cool, but I don't really imagine too many structures in the gardens of Lorien - mostly natural features with maybe some discrete benches or something. And a bridge.

I was always fond of the idea (which is entirely my own and need not be used here) that elves would use something like a torii gate to mark the boundaries and entrances to their territory, sort of like a welcome mat, but of course would not build walls or otherwise disturb the landscape.

The exes have deemed the structure in this photo as 'too much' and too elaborate for what they picture in the gardens of Lorien in this first season, but overall seemed very much enthusiastic about the photos presented in this thread. So, I think we are all on the same page there!

Back