Goblin cave art

Corulin

About the cave art depicting a battle: I think it looks like the dwarves down in the right corner might not be hiding, but instead might be set on fire while goblins poke them with spears? They're standing in something red and flame-like, though it has no orange like the other flames, but I think that might be because the dwarves are painted in the same orange so they might not be as clearly visible if those flames were to have orange in them like the others :)

Poor dwarf near the middle of the painting who was drawn without arms and legs. There are four lines painted next to him though, so maybe the goblins chopped them off... :eek:

I was just looking at this painting again, and I don't think it's the Battle of Azanulbizar. I think it's from when the Dwarves were driven out of Moria by Durin's Bane (which could be the big figure with the red face). That also explains the king Dwarf that figure is stabbing: it's Durin VI.

jrrt did paint some goblin cave-art for his father christmas stories...

is the lotro goblin cave art an allusion to that?

jrrt did paint some goblin cave-art for his father christmas stories...
is the lotro goblin cave art an allusion to that?
Yes, I think someone mentioned it during our visit to Goblin-town :cool: probably the Prof himself, but you can check that on the video!

Back