Gorgol

Bór could be maxed out to three or four episodes: leading a group of Easterlings into Beleriand (since they show up in the years following the Dagor Bragollach), an episode or two detailing his role in Maedhros' alliance, and his role in the Nirnaeth where he dies.
Bor should be introduced this season, as the Easterlings arrive and falsely align with Maedhros before Beren leaves Dorthonion. So he could easily be in 3 or four episodes this season. And if S6 is all Nirnaeth and setup to it, Bor could easily be in half that season before he dies.

Bor should be introduced this season, as the Easterlings arrive and falsely align with Maedhros before Beren leaves Dorthonion. So he could easily be in 3 or four episodes this season. And if S6 is all Nirnaeth and setup to it, Bor could easily be in half that season before he dies.
I thought we've decided that this season (Season 6) is primarily Beren and Luthien.

As Bór or Gorgol? I could see him as both, a noble Easterling leader or an intelligent wicked Orc chieftain, he has great dialogue and action scenes in last Samurai.But i'd see him more as one of Bor's sons than Bor himself, but that is of course my prefabricated image of Bor so far. My inner image of Gorgol also changed very much after i read his first scene in the script.

Ken Leung? Interesting...
He was very good in rush hour, stone colt, intelligent, evasive. I could imagine Gorgol being a bit like that... though Leung is far older today.

Ken Leung? Interesting...
He was very good in rush hour, stone colt, intelligent, evasive. I could imagine Gorgol being a bit like that... though Leung is far older today.

He is but he’s be under prosthetics. I just think he can bring a really personality in very few lines and leave a strong impression. Certainly wouldn’t be your typical big burly brute orc leader

But i like that! I like Big orc brutes like Ugluk, Lurtz, Gothmog or Azog...
But i also liked Sneaky, yet tough orcs such as Grishnakh, Gorbag, Snaga far more. An intelligent sceming orc, who is not necessarily physically imposing but has an interesting, dangerous personality i would like.Therefore i understand why Ken Leung or Temuera Morrison... they have a great charisma and should be able to give a lasting impression even after few short scenes just as you said.

I still like Bill Burr too though

Last edited:
But i like that! I like Big orc brutes like Ugluk, Lurtz, Gothmog or Azog...
But i also liked Sneaky, yet tough orcs such as Grishnakh, Gorbag, Snaga far more. An intelligent sceming orc, who is not necessarily physically imposing but has an interesting, dangerous personality i would like.Therefore i understand why Ken Leung or Temuera Morrison... they have a great charisma and should be able to give a leaving impression even after few short scenes just as you said.

I still like Bill Burr too though

I do really like Bill Burr.

To change things up, why not a female Orc? She isn't a stranger to fight scenes and most of the time doesn't really do waifish tactics.

Adrianne Palicki
Height: 5'11
Roles: Tyra Collette in Friday Night Lights, Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Ms. Perkins in John Wick, Wonder Woman in the 2011 pilot

With dark hair as Ms. Perkins
ce0f6c05d3824d3b17617dfb5528da73.jpg

First a male suggestion, then a female suggestion.

Burn Gorman
Height: 5'9"
Best Known For: Owen Harper in Torchwood, Hindley Earnshaw in Wuthering Heights (2009), Dr. Gottlieb in Pacific Rim, Karl Tanner in Game of Thrones, Linthorn in Enola Holmes
725b8211f14177744327f5630dcfd738--red-chairs-british-actors.jpg
86e10718f4b903fe0e59937cb8fdc830.jpg

Daniel Bernhardt
Height: 6'2"
Roles: Agent Johnson in The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Resurrections, Kirill in John Wick, various stunt roles
He can play a mostly nameless extra but make the role memorable in its own right.
brooklyn-usa-9-may-2019-daniel-bernhardt-at-the-john-wick-chapter-3-parabellum-world-premiere-...jpg

Last edited:
Does Gorgol need lots of martial arts? I thought he pretty much cowardly kills Barahir and gets assasinated by Beren...

Lots? No. But Barahir's death scene is a one-on-one duel with Gorgol. It's not a fair fight, of course - Gorgol has an army, and there is no way Barahir is going to survive. But Gorgol does need to win that fight, and Barahir is quite sincerely trying to kill him. He also is in battle scenes at the Dagor Bragollach.

He needs to do fight scene choreography in a difficult costume. He doesn't necessarily need extensive martial arts training.

Lots? No. But Barahir's death scene is a one-on-one duel with Gorgol. It's not a fair fight, of course - Gorgol has an army, and there is no way Barahir is going to survive. But Gorgol does need to win that fight, and Barahir is quite sincerely trying to kill him. He also is in battle scenes at the Dagor Bragollach.

He needs to do fight scene choreography in a difficult costume. He doesn't necessarily need extensive martial arts training.
What's difficult is finding one who has experience with more than just martial arts; oftentimes today there aren't a lot of sword fights.

Back