Hador

Ange1e4e5

Hador Goldenhead is the founder of the House of Hador and Lord of Dor-Lomin under Fingolfin. Hador entered the service of Fingolfin at a young age and in due course was granted the fiefdom of Dor-Lomin along with the Dragon-Helm of Dor-Lomin. Described as being tall and blond like most of the rest of his house, strong in body and fiery of mood, traits he passed to his grandson Hurin. Participates in the Dagor Bragollach where his house is part of the rearguard, and is KIA along with his younger son Gundor.

Our adaptation will likely have two actors playing Hador: a younger one who makes his bones under Fingolfin (may be an unknown), and an older one circa the Dagor Bragollach as an elder statesman/soldier. This post is for the older Hador.

Dolph Lundgren
Height: 6'5"
Roles: Ivan Drago in Rocky IV and Creed II, Gunnar Jensen in The Expendables, King Nereus in Aquaman
91896af9d1743f6b60afea357bd61a74--the-expendables-action-movies.jpg

286138_original.jpg

Last edited:
I would definitely want an actor who is physically imposing, even for the young Hador.I'd nominate Alexander Ludwig if he wasn't a bit too old to play a guy in his late teens, early twenties...

How do you find a 20 year old bodybuilder?

While I understand the frustration - young Hador is...young. Finding a guy who looks like he's 18-21 means we don't get someone with the muscle mass of a 30-year-old. During his breakout fight scene where he wins renown, he's on horseback.

For the younger, KJ Apa (Riverdale) and Connor Swindells (Sex Education) come to mind. Young (23 and 24 respectively), both charismatic (can pull of physically threatening and emotionally vulnerable when necessary) and built.

KJ Apa

3.jpg4.jpg

Connor Swindells

2.jpg1.jpg

I'm now trying to think of actors that either of these could feasibly grow up to be

While wigs are certainly an expected part of costuming for this project, not everyone can pull off a blond wig. As a comment, Orlando Bloom's dark eyebrows as Legolas are very obvious. I'm not saying you can't nominate someone who isn't naturally blond; I am suggesting you find a photo of them with blond hair, to help people visualize the character.

The CW should be a good source of 'teen/early 20's' actors. Shows like Teen Wolf, Riverdale, Cobra Kai - these have full casts of 'teens who get in fights'.

Oh, and there's always Johnny Lawrence's teen son from Cobra Kai.

Tanner Buchanan is 22; if I recall correctly, he had a partially blond highlights/frosted tips/CA surfer hairstyle going on in that show.

Hes-All-That-Tanner-Buchanan.jpg

Not the blondest of hair, for sure. At least he has blue eyes, though? But yeah, there are 22 year olds who have filmed fight scenes out there!

Last edited:
As a heads up, we do not need to nominate actors for the older Hador. His 'main episodes' where he features prominently are where he is 18 and 21; his later appearances are small parts where we catch up with him, but he's not driving the action. So, an actor would be needed for older Hador, but...we should focus our casting efforts on the younger Hador, with the understanding that you would have to find a suitable actor for the later episodes.

As a heads up, we do not need to nominate actors for the older Hador. His 'main episodes' where he features prominently are where he is 18 and 21; his later appearances are small parts where we catch up with him, but he's not driving the action. So, an actor would be needed for older Hador, but...we should focus our casting efforts on the younger Hador, with the understanding that you would have to find a suitable actor for the later episodes.
That was a mistake on my end; when I developed that thread it was with the elder statesman Hador in mind as I had no idea who should be young Hador. At that point it wasn’t decided that he’d be dead by the Dagor Bragollach.

Last edited:
Back