Haleth

Throwing in another name: Shailene Woodley who is 29 years old, and 5'8".

I don't know, she's not exactly the type I am looking for - she doesn't really look like a fighter (although she has made action films), but she's a really good actress.

1590748027897.png 1590748217183.png1590748262722.png

Katheryn Winnick was a nomination for Celebrian back in Season 2 and the Hosts thought that she might be more suited for a more action-type role like Haleth.
Height: 5’6”
Best known as Lagertha in Vikings.
lagertha-vikings-hairstyles.jpg

Katheryn Winnick was a nomination for Celebrian back in Season 2 and the Hosts thought that she might be more suited for a more action-type role like Haleth.
Height: 5’6”
Best known as Lagertha in Vikings.
lagertha-vikings-hairstyles.jpg
Yes she's great in many ways. I'm not sure we're going for someone blonde, though, right? I don't know at this point. We've done some talking about looks but it seems to me that we have to go through the ethnicity and look of the people of the three houses of men even more thoroughly, in a special session, before we can begin thinking about possible actresses. This goes for all of the above mentioned actresses of course.

Yes she's great in many ways. I'm not sure we're going for someone blonde, though, right? I don't know at this point. We've done some talking about looks but it seems to me that we have to go through the ethnicity and look of the people of the three houses of men even more thoroughly, in a special session, before we can begin thinking about possible actresses. This goes for all of the above mentioned actresses of course.

Going by some of Bre's suggestions, what about Tessa Thompson? She's done action roles and can do a forbidding stare without being unsympathetic.

Going by some of Bre's suggestions, what about Tessa Thompson? She's done action roles and can do a forbidding stare without being unsympathetic.

The main knock on her is her height, since that's something the Hosts want (she's 5'4"). I don't mind her being shorter but one of the stipulations the Hosts had for her was that she was tall.

The main knock on her is her height, since that's something the Hosts want (she's 5'4"). I don't mind her being shorter but one of the stipulations the Hosts had for her was that she was tall.

Tall for short people. And we're going to have people on boxes of varying heights all the time, especially now.

A thought about Haleth: So the Hosts said they wanted Haleth to be at least a bit of a bully. Well, what type, are we talking about brash and in your face (not that far off Caranthir) or cold and icy?

I upvote Gina Carano. I’ve only seen her in Mando but she’s a scene stealer. She plays both strength and tenderness and balances them beautifully. And is a phenomenon to watch in action scenes.

In my eyes she is far to tall, strong and muscular for Haleth whom i always imagined as a small, dark skinned, wiry somewhat tomboyish woman... but that is just me.

Due to the updated requirements for Haleth...

Maya Stojan
Height: 5'6"
Roles: Kara Palamas/Agent 33 in Agents of SHIELD, Tory Ellis in Castle
She's of Sri Lankan and Czech heritage. Fighting style is a bit too waif-like, but I think that's something we're going to have to compensate for.
MV5BOGYxY2E1MDEtMDM4MC00NzhjLWE2NzAtYzBiNTNmNTQ1ODFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA5MDc1NTU@._V1_.jpg
images-1.jpg
(Maya Stojan is the version of May who is wearing the silvery dress).

A couple more suggestions:

Zendaya plays MJ in the Spider-man movies and Chani in the new Dune movie. She may be both a bit young and a bit tall for Haleth, but I wanted to throw her name into the mix as an athletic dancer type.

zendaya.jpg

Yadira Guevara-Prip is also only 25, but she's perhaps too short at 5'3". I know she's taken on some action roles (including in 'See,' where all the characters are meant to be blind), though I'm not sure she's quite who we have in mind for Haleth, either.

281cfdcc404154346103612d4be4c76d0216c659.jpg

I realize that we'd likely rather have an actress who is about 30 years old, and somewhere between these two in height.

Last edited:
Back