Hamilcar

Hamilcar is a teen, maybe 17-20 years old. He is visibly older than Estel, though still young enough not to be really considered an adult in his own right. They are set up as rivals, with instant dislike between the two. He is not above mocking Estel, so he comes across as rather unpleasant, but he also helps raise his younger siblings (his mom is dead) and eventually sacrifices himself to save Estel. So, in the end, he's a decent guy.

Given that his main role in the season is as Estel's rival, I think he should be both taller and bulkier than whomever we cast as Estel.

Maybe Taron Egerton? Might be too old, but he certainly can do the mockery part from what I've seen of him in Kingsman.

I had suggested 18 year old Aramis Knight as a potential teen Estel, but I know that Haakon at least did not like the look of him for that role. So perhaps he would be better as Hamilcar?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2026536/

ok_111413_aramis-knight.jpg

Premiere+AMC+Fear+Walking+Dead+Season+2+Arrivals+VOP0P4tmV8px.jpg

into-the-badlands-aramis-knight.jpg

Maybe Taron Egerton? Might be too old, but he certainly can do the mockery part from what I've seen of him in Kingsman.

Yes, likely too old to play a teen. He was born in 1989. We're probably looking for people 25 and under for this role, though obviously we just need them to look young enough.

MV5BMjQ4ODc2MzE1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDUwNzk0NDM@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

Tye Sheridan?
Might be too short at 5’8”, but his characters have an attitude.
Roles: Ben in Scout’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, Scott Summers/Cyclops in X-Men, Wade Watts in Ready Player One

Detour+Premiere+2016+Tribeca+Film+Festival+aR9Kpv-3UCKx.jpg

Tye-Sheridan-Scouts-Guide-thumb.png

Ready-Player-One-Review-Tye-Sheridan.jpg

Last edited:
Did we ever decide a firm age for Hamilcar? I've been imagining him to be a year or so older than Estel, so 17-18, but can anyone confirm that?

Back