Having trouble doing the "road trips".

Lynn Elder-Munro

I didn't see a good place to put this in the Exploring the Lord of the Rings section, so thought I would post here.
I've tried several times to go on the Exploring LOTR road trips and have had no luck. I remember on one try the pop-up said that I didn't have a high enough level. Another time I couldn't be ported for reasons I didn't understand.
So: I now have a Level 14, hope to be Level 15 by Tuesday night Elf Hunter on Gladden (same name as my main alt Lemeldir). I would like to know if that will be high enough for Tuesday's road trip. Even if it is just high enough to be ported along and successfully protected. I am rather new at this and am still trying to get used to all of the terms.
While at Mythmoot in June, I got alt names, etc, info from Sue and from DeMae - but I can't find the piece of paper I had this on. So I have no idea what their alt names are. If you see this, please let me know.

Hi Lynn! I'll try to explain, since I'm pretty sure I'm the one who told you I couldn't port you that time, but didn't have time to fully explain it when I was dealing with a dozen other things at once:

No form of summoning in the game - Hunter ports, Captain summons, Guardian acorns, mustering horns, etc. - will work on a character who is more than ten levels below the level of the zone they're being brought/taken to. That's a restriction imposed upon us by the game rules. Since High King's Crossing (the place we went that night) is in a level 35 zone, there was no chance of getting any level 14 character there. (I was sending you tells suggesting that you spend mithril coins to take a stable horse there, but I guess you didn't see them?)

I think the plan for this coming Tuesday is to visit the Old Forest again, which is a level 18 zone and should be no problem. If things change and Corey decides to take us somewhere else, then I can't promise anything.

Thank you, Rob! I didn't see the tells. I'm still trying to get the hang of looking 10 places at once ;-)
Your explanation was just what I needed. Here's hoping Corey sticks with the plan.
On Landroval I purchased my way up to Level 50 in hopes that at least there I would be good to go for a while. So on Gladden I am having my elf-hunter get there the hard way so I still get the experience.
Thank you again for your help. And I will keep the stable horse thing in mind. I also have my own mount.

Thank you, Rob! I didn't see the tells. I'm still trying to get the hang of looking 10 places at once ;-)
Your explanation was just what I needed. Here's hoping Corey sticks with the plan.
On Landroval I purchased my way up to Level 50 in hopes that at least there I would be good to go for a while. So on Gladden I am having my elf-hunter get there the hard way so I still get the experience.
Thank you again for your help. And I will keep the stable horse thing in mind. I also have my own mount.
How do you "purchase...to Level 50?" Don't laugh. I'm even less experienced than you.

Back