House of Finarfin

I like his eyes - whoever we pick for Finrod should have blue-grey eyes. Also be ridiculously likeable. As in, I want people to feel his death as keenly as Beleg's.

There is a wisdom and measured patience to him - he makes a good king. He's also the most reluctant to leave behind Valinor, and almost definitely goes to be a leader of his people once it is clear that his father is turning back but his brothers are not.

I had Nico Evers-Swindell in mind for Finrod myself.
nico-evers-swindell.jpg
I like this one. Again, maybe just the photo, but this guy just has an eminently likable face.

I was thinking that Oliver Jackson-Cohen could be a good choice for Finrod. upload_2017-4-11_8-5-51.jpeg
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2719825/
Here he is with Beren: upload_2017-4-11_8-6-48.jpeg
(Just kidding, but Tom Hardy is one of my favourite candidates for Beren - although I should probably not post this picture if I wanted people to agree...)

Maybe? She'll be a small -- but significant -- role. I only included wives on my group family casting threads, but go on ahead!

I think we could cast an actress for Amarië but I'm growing a bit concerned about the minor roles taking good actors and actresses away from more interesting roles. We've got a lot of roles to do casting for.

I think we could cast an actress for Amarië but I'm growing a bit concerned about the minor roles taking good actors and actresses away from more interesting roles. We've got a lot of roles to do casting for.
That's a good point. We wouldn't want to waste, for example, a Firefly actress on her!

Right. That took less than ten minutes.
Haha!

Amarie has to be a tiny role. My mental outline has the Kinslaying around episode 3, giving her time to have one meaningful conversation with Finrod -- that's about it.

But honestly, we don't know how big a role Eldalote is going to be. She doesn't seem to accompany her husband in the published Silm, and if we think it's significant to keep all the wives in Valinor, she's basically background. But if she comes along... we might actually have the chance to develop her into a real character! So how big an actress we can cast her as without "wasting" her is up in the air.

Do we even know if she's Noldo, Teler, or Vanya?

Haha!

Amarie has to be a tiny role. My mental outline has the Kinslaying around episode 3, giving her time to have one meaningful conversation with Finrod -- that's about it.

But honestly, we don't know how big a role Eldalote is going to be. She doesn't seem to accompany her husband in the published Silm, and if we think it's significant to keep all the wives in Valinor, she's basically background. But if she comes along... we might actually have the chance to develop her into a real character! So how big an actress we can cast her as without "wasting" her is up in the air.

Do we even know if she's Noldo, Teler, or Vanya?
Art has Amarie as a Vanya. As for Eldalote, art from Tolkien Gateway seems to peg her as a Noldo.

Back