How do I ask off topic questions?

Rachel Port

I've been listening to some classes from other classes several years ago, and have something I would like to discuss with Corey, in a 20th century historical context. How do I do that?

That Rachel is the $64,000 question. Corey can be very difficult to pin down for random questions. Different people have different success in different ways depending on the context. He doesn't really read these forums but I know that Corey reads the Questions for Narnion section of the forums for Exploring LOTR but it really has to be related to current content in that series. If it is generally related to Tolkien's world he addresses some questions in his Gryfflet LOTRO stream while he is travelling from place to place on his quests. You can submit questions to [email protected] but you have to listen to every single episode to see if he has answered your question. Other than that there are reported occasions when he is responsive on twitter, probably better to post rather than send a direct message, that way other people can add to the discussion. His twitter handle is @tolkienprof
Good luck. Maybe someone else has some other suggestions on how to engage Corey.

No problem Rachel. Go back to the Home page for the forums. Go past the Main Catgory and The SilmFilm Project to Mythgard on LOTRO. In that forum is a section for Exploring Lord of the Rings and you will find questions for Narnion in there. I just checked and you have already found your way there by answering Anthony's question on the nature of the rings of power.

Back