Huan, the Hound of Valinor (Voice!)

Serkis can do gravelly, as can be heard while playing Supreme Leader Snoke in the sequel trilogy.

I deny the existance of those movies, so i cannot comment. But going through "The Return of the King" audio-book right now, i can only say that i find his performace of villains (and gravelley voices)...disturbing.

So something along the lines of 1990s Pete Posthlethwaite? We can't cast him since he's dead, but he could do different timbres for sure.

Or someone who could do a good impression of Louis Armstrong? His voice is very gravelly.

Last edited:
He was nominated for Draugluin (and not chosen), so I propose Andy Serkis, unless people are really trying to save him for later.

He has a gravelly voice and is very versatile, and has done voice acting while also doing performance capture. I don't suggest we go full Benedict Cumberbatch Smaug here, though :)
I don't think Serkis was nominated for Draugluin; the nominations were Toby Kebbell, Christian Bale, and Tom Waits.

But it is true that he has not yet been cast in Silm Film, so he is currently available to be nominated for roles.

Crispin Freeman does a lot of voice acting for anime and video games. He's 50 years old, and has a resonant voice. There's plenty of variety among his characters though, so he could come up with something unique for Huan.
His IMDb page:
His website has demos, to give an idea of his range:

Last edited:
Back